The Zen Star Chef – Secret Recipe

THE EVENT

Zen by Secret Recipe
    ZEN BY SECRET RECIPE

Secret Recipe is famous for their cakes while Zen is one of their latest up market restaurant and currently conducting an awesome event called The Zen Star Chef, in search of a young talented chef. It was honored to be invited to attend one of their event at Sentral, KL.

Zen Star ChefZen Star Chef 1
    ZEN STAR CHEF SEARCH FINALISTS

Now the battle begins with six finalists going for the title which I think was very awesome, something so refreshing and exciting . . . well something you don’t get to see or hear often in Kuala Lumpur, showcasing young talents is really a good thing and giving them a good exposure is just terrific . . . . but then it is also not easy to groom talent, do trust and mark my words! :)

Zen Star Chefs
    THE SIX STRONG YOUNG FINALISTS

Zen Star Chef Jamie Fong, Marketing Manager of Secret Recipe
    THE FABULOUS MARKETING MANAGER OF SECRET RECIPE, MS JAMIE FONG GRACED THE EVENT

• July 24, 2009 - 12:26 pm | Permalink

ZEN is awesome! We never know there is so many events going on in M’sia. Tks for sharing!
    .-= Alice´s last blog ..Shark’s fin melon soup ???? =-.

• Danny
    July 24, 2009 - 1:17 pm | Permalink

By looking at the pictures I reckon that you really commended well. Secrete Recipe outlets are getting really boring and they are everywhere to bore people. They make good cakes but not a la carte dish(but then again BBO makes cakes many times better). Often I notice empty tables at their outlets ,even worst at Zen. i guess they are too occupied recruting franchisor and negleting
    their core business.

• July 24, 2009 - 5:51 pm | Permalink

Thanks for the in-depth analysis– I wonder if any of them are bloggers, maybe we can get their “secret recipes” ;)
    .-= Manggy´s last blog ..Ruins Longanisang Hubad =-.

• July 25, 2009 - 12:28 am | Permalink

Food looks sterile without the flourish but then I like all the desserts!
    .-= Chin´s last blog ..Palace for a Queen – Victoria Memorial in Kolkata, India =-.

• July 25, 2009 - 4:46 am | Permalink

From the pictures, I like contender Alson Khor the most, presentation wise and incorporating calamasi in his cheesecake, unique and stood out from the rest. I would prefer some sauce on the salmon though, can’t eat it dry like that, “bor ho jiak lah”.
    .-= Little Corner of Mine´s last blog ..Banana Cake =-.

• July 25, 2009 - 6:27 am | Permalink

I have not been to Zen yet. hey guys! I’m coming home in 5days time! Can’t wait for a gathering :)
    Sorry for not stopping by lately. just finished traveling! Dont even have time to update my own blog ;( too many pics to sort out. see u guys then k!!
    .-= Christine´s last blog ..Away for Holiday =-.

• July 25, 2009 - 3:31 pm | Permalink

ooo, this is about the zen. aiks. can’t make it last time.
    will they market all these?
    .-= ai wei´s last blog ..Beard Papa’s @ Pavilion KL =-.

• July 26, 2009 - 7:43 am | Permalink

goshhh… why such events happened when I’m out of the country (for months that is!) Guys… any videos of the event :-) please…please…please…
    .-= pixen´s last blog ..Wanton Wrappers With Quail Eggs, Lotus Seeds and Gingkos Sweet Soup =-.

• July 26, 2009 - 10:48 am | Permalink

It is an interesting event. Maybe Pixen is right, good idea to record up the event to share with all everyone :)
    .-= ck lam´s last blog ..Penang Food – Hainan Chicken Rice Thai Style =-.

• July 26, 2009 - 5:52 pm | Permalink

Everything looks yummy here and i dunno which to choose. ;p
    .-= Dora´s last blog ..Black Garlic =-.

• July 28, 2009 - 10:11 am | Permalink

never been to zen before as most of my friend kutuk the food damm teruk, so ended up i never gave them a chance also..kekek..
    it looks more like desert competition rather than the food. the desert looks damm tempting! *drooling~
    .-= taufulou´s last blog ..Uncle Duck @ Low Yatt Plaza, KL =-.

• August 10, 2009 - 12:09 pm | Permalink

I did get an invitation to the event but unfortunetly cudnt make it.Looks like I missed a cool event.But I did catch up some news regarding it on the TV3 news.
    .-= Malaysian Delicacies´s last blog ..Picked Chicken Tortilla =-.