Sunny Yaw Recipes on Red Tomato Chinese Weekly Newspaper

Sunny Yaw Recipe Red Tomato 240709A
Printed on 24th July 2009

This is awesome and exciting as I had accepted to work closely with the Red Tomato Chinese Weekly Newspaper as one of their contributor looking into their sweet dessert section . . . . . meaning I will get to select and publish my favourite recipes on a printed media, babe this is really cool! :)

I love lemon and they are plentiful and easy available at our wet market at this moment and also at the supermarket. Sometimes you just can’t ignore them as they come in huge sizes, eye catching bright yellow and also with a hint of lemony smell. Last 2 weeks when I was at the dry market, I just can’t resist of not taking them home (hahahaha… it was so cheap, it was really a good deal at Taman Tun Ismail’s Sunday evening market 12 lemons going for only RM10, just a terrific bargain).

On the next day, I was about to confront my lovely lemons, I was totally not sure what to do with them, so pure and so adoreable lovely. Initiately I wanted to turn them into bottles of home made jam but my mind flipped, I end up taking only one lemon, kept the rest and turned it into a lovely lemon tart, a creamy tart with hint of tangyness. I was so excited with this recipe that I decided to share it wiith you in print on my column! :)

I had a great busy sunday weekend, delivery a 5 tiers wedding cake for Carven Ong’s bridal show, it got so hectic later that I forgotten a morning appointment but manage to reschedule, lol!, a late delivery of a noon dessert (hahahah…Sid’s fault! . . . . angry media I joke, not so after my charming smiles! :) ), a bridal show, meet a client on planning her wedding dessert, an interview with the media and a quiet night to end as Sid’s mum cooking a delicious dinner.

Another event be soon happening on the 8th of August, don’t forget to come and join me baking and mooncake making with Mrs HT Wong at One Utama Shopping Cetre . . . . . Love Sunny Yaw

• July 27, 2009 - 12:07 pm | Permalink

I am actually imagining how it’d taste like when you say creamy tart with hint of tangyness. I suppose it’d taste so nice :)
    .-= allie´s last blog ..Chee Cheung Fun @ Genting Coffee Shop | Penang Hawker Food =-.

• July 27, 2009 - 12:21 pm | Permalink

That is good price for the lemon. I got some large ones from Kepong at RM0.90 per piece.
    .-= peteformation´s last blog ..Meeting with ‘Da Boss’ 2, Opps not Again! =-.

• July 27, 2009 - 12:43 pm | Permalink

i also want lemon tart! can i get the recipe in english please? :)

• July 27, 2009 - 2:27 pm | Permalink

I bought tons of lemon for my mom to marinate with salt and sugar. I can be used to make hot/ ice lemon drinks.
    .-= Little Inbox´s last blog ..3rd Baking: Cereal Butter Cake =-.

• July 27, 2009 - 4:59 pm | Permalink

wah, getting more and more famous liao! congratulations ^^
    .-= noobcook´s last blog ..ABC Juice (Apple, Beetroot, Carrot) =-.

• July 27, 2009 - 7:00 pm | Permalink

That’s so great! I love anything lemony…

• July 27, 2009 - 9:47 pm | Permalink

I saw ur lovely cake at the bridal fair, I at Carven Ong’s.

Will blog about it soon.

Its good to hear that u r working closely with Red Tomato….

Superwilson
    .-= superwilson´s last blog ..The Date with Frat Mustard @ Twenty One, Changkat Bukit Bintang =-.

• July 27, 2009 - 9:49 pm | Permalink

Woohooo… congratulations!!!
    .-= Selba´s last blog ..Tukang Es Jeruk (Orange juice) =-.

• July 27, 2009 - 11:20 pm | Permalink

i read this too!
    .-= ai wei´s last blog ..Beard Papa’s @ Pavilion KL =-.

• July 28, 2009 - 12:19 am | Permalink

Congratulations Sunny– well-deserved fame! :)
    .-= Manggy´s last blog ..Tartine’s Lemon Meringue Cake =-.

• July 28, 2009 - 1:53 am | Permalink

Wow, you just get bigger and bigger! Congrats!

• July 28, 2009 - 8:01 am | Permalink

I am lazy to make one … hehehehe can I order? :)
    .-= New Kid On The Blog´s last blog ..Home Made Pineapple Enzyme =-.

• July 28, 2009 - 11:58 am | Permalink

never get that paper..wondering where can i get it??(i prefer physical version)
    .-= Jean´s last blog ..Low Yat Plaza – ?????????? Dinner Promotion =-.

• July 28, 2009 - 8:22 pm | Permalink

Step 1-2-3 with photos? possible? or need to attend class?! :)
    .-= cariso´s last blog ..YOUNG HEART RESTAURANT (???) Invited Review (Part I) =-.

• July 28, 2009 - 11:45 pm | Permalink

Congrats for being featured in Red Tomato Chinese Weekly Newsletter! Didn’t know that you can write so well in Chinese. ;)
    .-= food-4tots´s last blog ..Apple soup =-.

• July 29, 2009 - 5:08 am | Permalink