Monk Jumps Over The Wall at West Lake Garden- Sunway Resort Hotel & Spa

Monk Jumps Over The Wall at West Lake Garden Sunway

I had just been informed earlier that West Lake Garden Chinese Restaurant at Sunway Resort Hotel & Spa reignites the gastronomic charm of Fujian province in China, with the hearty and nourishing concoction of Monk Jumps Over The Wall and will be making its appearance daily on the menu for lunch and dinner from this 1st to 14th August 2009. I will definitely be the first one jumping over the wall and how could I not!

It will be prepared meticulously by integrate over 20 premium ingredients into a refreshing and wholesome soup, Master Chinese Chef Chan Choo Kean stirs up the traditionally concealed urn dish from ancient recipes. Comprising shark’s fin, sliced Chilean abalone and chewy fish maw, he painstakingly processes these premium ingredients for three days. Then, he brews a nutritious broth from top quality black chicken keel, simmering it to perfection for six hours.

The rich concoction and its complementing ingredients are combined with Japanese dried scallop, beef tendon, mushroom, Chinese herbs and cordyceps, in a clay jar. Finally, they are steamed over intense heat for two hours, forming a divine, flavourful concoction that is believed to revive and balance the ‘qi’ in the body.

A refined dish of Fujian Monk Jumps Over The Wall is characterised by clear, invigorating tastes. With a history of almost 200 years, the name implies that it is so appealing, even a monk could not resist and would sneak out of the monastery and jump over the wall to relish it.

Served individually, the flavourful Monk Jumps Over The Wall dish is priced at RM68++ per portion ONLY, and served daily for lunch and dinner from 1 to 14 August 2009 at West Lake Garden Chinese Restaurant. I defintely be there to taste this awesome soup fit for everyone, young and old! :) . . . . . Love Sunny Yaw

West Lake Garden is a pork-free establishment and opens for lunch from 12.00noon to 2.30pm on Mondays to Saturdays, and from 10.00am to 2.30pm on Sundays and Public Holidays. Dinner is served from 6.30pm to 10.30pm every night. Reservations are highly recommended. Please call West Lake Garden Chinese Restaurant at (6-03) 7492 8000 Extn. 3181.

• July 26, 2009 - 7:17 pm | Permalink

Man, seems like ages ago when you helped me make an awesome cake for my father in law..delivered to the West Lake! =)

this looks awesome with the flavours.. certainly makes me feel like having a bowl of warm comforting soup now! The lucky ppl who get to taste it!
    .-= daphne´s last blog ..Pear and Chocolate Sticky Date Pudding =-.

• July 26, 2009 - 8:01 pm | Permalink

Wah kena that soup I also jump from the wall lo ………

• July 26, 2009 - 9:05 pm | Permalink

I haven’t get a chance to taste this soup. Look at all the precious ingredients inside, hmm…salivating.
    .-= Little Inbox´s last blog ..3rd Baking: Cereal Butter Cake =-.

• July 26, 2009 - 10:50 pm | Permalink

RM 68 per person is very reasonable!
    .-= allie´s last blog ..Chee Cheung Fun @ Genting Coffee Shop | Penang Hawker Food =-.

• July 27, 2009 - 1:22 am | Permalink

I agree RM 68 is reasonable!
    .-= superwilson´s last blog ..Heavenly Chicken Rice House @ Damansara Utama (DU) =-.

• July 27, 2009 - 8:53 am | Permalink

the price is reasonable enough to make me NOT bang into the wall. hehehe
    .-= xin´s last blog ..Going French with Chef Jerome @ Le Bouchon Changkat Bukit Bintang =-.

• July 27, 2009 - 9:15 am | Permalink

RM68 is a reasonable price. :)
    I remembered I’ve tasted that once when I was very very small…
    .-= New Kid On The Blog´s last blog ..Home Made Pineapple Enzyme =-.

• July 27, 2009 - 10:58 am | Permalink

YEs the price is very reasonable. ^-^
    .-= FoOd PaRaDiSe´s last blog ..Thai Garden Restaurant & Pub =-.

• July 27, 2009 - 11:32 am | Permalink

The portions of the abalone must be much bigger compare to those RM38 or 48++ bowl. The last I had it was in Desa Parkcity’s Parkview.
    .-= Chin´s last blog ..Restoran Seafood Muncourt – Regalia Business Centre, USJ 1, Subang Jaya =-.

• not sarcastic!
    July 27, 2009 - 5:30 pm | Permalink

I prefer to pay RM 68 for top quality ingredients than cheaper price for a mediocre quality!
    West Lake Garden staff always very helpful. one of my favorite restaurants

• July 28, 2009 - 10:07 am | Permalink

can i have a bowl please?
    .-= taufulou´s last blog ..Uncle Duck @ Low Yatt Plaza, KL =-.