Johor Bahru Best Beef Noodle at Ang Kim Chwee Coffee Shop

Ang Kin Chwee 1

Danny said,

I suppose the beef noodle shop is the one which overlooking the new half built bridge in JB town. I am beef noodle fanatic and have eaten in fame places like Bangkok, New York (Vietnam style), Melbourne, Hong Kong and more in KL. This JB one, is the best among all. My only fear is that the owner may quit soon due to age.

THE BEEF NOODLE STALL
Ang Kim Chwee 5

Dear Danny,

This is the shop where I had the best beef noodle in Johor Bahru. My recommendation, if you happen to visit this stall, make sure you order the dry beef noodle and I would recommend it to go along with “Lai Fun” (rice noodle). Danny, you are sure an expert when come to this and I fully agree with you, the best beef noodle that I ever had. That bowl of beef noodle I had on that day cost me RM10 and having the chance to indulge it was truely satisfying indeed, just priceless. The dark sauce was so rich, must be the infused Johor famous dark carmelised sauce, tasted splendidly anc complimented the bowl of noodle perfectly. Sipping through the spongy and smooth “Lai Fun” strands make the noodle so enjoyable and pleasantly to eat. The beef topping tasted awesomely delicious. As for now I just can’t wait for my next trip to Johor Bahru for a bowl of this beef noodle.

Ang Kin Chwee 2

• June 19, 2009 - 7:40 pm | Permalink

Really good beef noodles? Though I can’t try it, ys can and I can try the braised duck too. Hardly have the chance to go all the way to Johor though. Thx for introducing!
    .-= Sugar Bean´s last blog ..Coal Grill and Bar =-.

• bigboysoven
      June 20, 2009 - 4:08 pm | Permalink

next time if you are back you can try lar! :)

• June 19, 2009 - 8:19 pm | Permalink

hey this was the one reviewed by WMW before, right?
    and it was even featured in the Star sunday metro before.

i was in JB last year, but being a lost sheep, I was well, doing what i do best. hahah …
    .-= J2Kfm´s last blog ..Meet The Floggers (Chapter 3) : Right Round Gunung Rapat in Ipoh =-.

• bigboysoven
      June 20, 2009 - 4:07 pm | Permalink

yeah t is not easy to find this places unless someone locally guide you

• June 19, 2009 - 11:03 pm | Permalink

The beef noodle no soup version?

• bigboysoven
      June 20, 2009 - 4:07 pm | Permalink

got soup version but prefer dry one lol!

• June 20, 2009 - 9:39 am | Permalink

Aiyah! How could we miss this during our Muar trip. If only we continue on to this place…it is quite near, right?
    The beef noodles look good. Glad you had an enjoyable trip.
    .-= ck lam´s last blog ..Penang Food Bloggers Tasting Session at Ivy’s Kitchen =-.

• bigboysoven
      June 20, 2009 - 4:06 pm | Permalink

hahahah yeah not far another 1 hour drive I thnk!

• June 20, 2009 - 10:57 am | Permalink

This is beef noodle with thick gravy?
    .-= mimid3vils´s last blog ..Kechara Oasis =-.

• bigboysoven
      June 20, 2009 - 4:06 pm | Permalink

yup with awesomely thick gravy!

• June 20, 2009 - 11:37 am | Permalink

beef noodles is looking good but i can’t take it. sighhh, then save the braised duck for me lar

• bigboysoven
      June 20, 2009 - 4:05 pm | Permalink

well the braised duck is good too!

• June 20, 2009 - 5:10 pm | Permalink

Hmmm… I don’t take beef… but the duck looks good. Yummy yummy!!!
    .-= New Kid On The Blog´s last blog ..Seventies 70’s Latin Coffea =-.

• June 21, 2009 - 12:00 pm | Permalink

don’t take beef noodles but it will be really a waste if the seller quits without someone taking over the business.
    some stalls in Penang are also facing such “crisis”
    .-= buzzingbee´s last blog ..Dim Sum Galore =-.

• June 21, 2009 - 9:15 pm | Permalink

Normally I prefer soup version of any type of noodle, but the dry version of this beef noodle looks much better than the soup one :p

• June 21, 2009 - 10:50 pm | Permalink

Must go when in JB. These stuff is a sunset industry. Get my fix usually in Vietnam and Chiangmai.

• Danny
    June 22, 2009 - 2:30 pm | Permalink

Thanks Sunny ! For featuring my commend headlines. Really flabbergasted. Actually J.B is not really famous for food like Ipoh or Penang where by 8 out of 10 outlets you walk in you get satisfaction. Other than the beef noodles,plus may be the orang asli sea food ,just can,t think of others. Totally agreed with Chin on these type of vanishing food stuff. Especially in KL where you hardly even get a proper wan ton mee.By the way, my deepest condolence on the departure of your aunt.

• June 22, 2009 - 2:55 pm | Permalink

hey the braised duck with mini kuay teow, last time my dad always brought us go makan. i havent eaten that for few years ever since i started working here
    .-= xin´s last blog ..Oriental Pavilion @ Jaya33, Seksyen 14 =-.

• June 23, 2009 - 8:58 am | Permalink

heh~ this is the 1st time is i see you post on food. :)
    usually much on cakes..keke..
    but afterall never been to johore b4. so can onli imagine the dry noodle. 😀

• machiato
    July 29, 2009 - 8:39 pm | Permalink

Yes, uncle has soup version of beef noodle. I personally love uncle’s beef noodle, a bowl of beef noodle soup is a must when I go JB. you are right, i’m really worry if uncle decided to end his business one day as I can’t find any stall in KL as good as uncle’s beef noodle.

• cyindy
    September 7, 2009 - 3:15 pm | Permalink

yes almost every saturday i visit the shop either order the beef or duck noodle, my favourite…. best best

• September 25, 2009 - 3:44 pm | Permalink

I tried that on my last trip to Johor Bahru. Really not bad the beef noodle. I like it.
    .-= CK´s last blog ..New York Hotel – Johor Bahru =-.

• Terry
    May 9, 2011 - 10:45 am | Permalink

Sorry to say that this beef noodle shop will very likely not be opening his shop again due to his shock of his son in law dead in hospital. Fucking robber whacked his back he now brain dead..

• Kevin
    June 16, 2011 - 11:28 pm | Permalink

Was wondering what happened.

There is a nice curry fish head next door, the bah kut teh used to have lots of customers, now no need to wait.

• Francis
    March 7, 2012 - 2:22 pm | Permalink

Stall does not exist anymore.