I had a loaf of french toast bread in the cabinet which I bought yesterday at the hypermarket and was wondering what to do with it and dcided to have half of it on garlic toast and the other for dessert . . . . . . yup dessert, a warm french toast bread butter pudding, a recipe made so deliciously by Chef Donald Ho from Hong Kong. I had it served with a scoop of rich vanilla ice cream, a purely true indulgence.
Warm French Toast Bread Butter Pudding
165g French bread
540g Egg whole
95g Egg yolk
300g Caster sugar
3pcs Vanilla beans
750ml Fresh milk
1. Slice french bread and arrange onto the mould.
2. Mix together the whole egg yolk and sugar.
3. Warm up fresh milk, cream and vanilla pod.
4. Pour onto the egg mixture mix together.
5. Strain the egg mixture.
6. Pour over the french bread and bake at 190C, approximating 30 minutes.
7. Slice to desire amount for individual serving and best served with vanilla ice cream.
I had tasted this and it was marvellous, served warm with a scoop delicious ice cream . . . . . Sunny Yaw