White Chocolate Raspberry Square | Big Boys Oven Sweet Dessert

This is really funny, as I have been so into what I had been doing lately . . . . baking cakes created by top patissiers. You may be laughing at me crazily but I think it is so fun as it reminds me about building sand castle on the beach when I was young. Well a least this time, my bakes can be eaten rather swept away by the wild waves. Anyway this time I found yet another fantastic Austrian patissier who had been also a traveler himself. Over the years, he had proven himself repeatedly by winning many awards in various patisserie competitions and also being a judge in many different events. Well, I am referring to the amazing Master Chef Arno Urch.

This is what had been written about his believes and values . . . . . . . ” desserts must be creative and beautifully presented. Flavours must remain traditional but how it is presented, must jive with the times. No matter if you make a dessert or cake, the only thing that matters is whether the customer liked it or not.”

When I saw this recipe of his, I know it is not difficult to make and that is so true, simplicity and awesomely delicious as I had tested the recipe.

White Chocolate Raspberry Square 2

• breadpitt
    April 17, 2009 - 1:37 am | Permalink

like ur new .com dude;-)

bigboysoven Reply:

breadpitt, i know you will like it, hey you coming our for our BBO 2nd anniversary get together?

• April 17, 2009 - 7:38 am | Permalink

You new look is professional and marks the blossoming advance of the Big Boys

backStreetGluttons’s last blog post..restoran ba kut teh , Mayang Mas Petaling Jaya

bigboysoven Reply:

hey blackstreetgluttons, thanks for the wishes, guess it is time to update the blog to a new one :)

• Penny
    April 17, 2009 - 7:45 am | Permalink

Hi Sunny,

For the chocolate mousse, you are using egg yolk or egg white. The ingredients you mention egg white, for the methods, you are mentioning egg yolk. It might be typing error.

Regards
    Penny

bigboysoven Reply:

Morning Penny, Thanks for informing my typo error, can’t blame myselfit was 1.20am in the morning whenI had it key in :) if you are trying this recipe, let me know your outcome! :)

• April 17, 2009 - 8:08 am | Permalink

square but yet interesting.
    i’m longing for a slice, can ah?

J2Kfm’s last blog post..Langkawi REvisited Part 2 – The Journey to the Peak, and Wonderland!!

bigboysoven Reply:

J2Kfm will you like to come or our BBO 2nd anniversary aka dessert tasting night in late May? Do let me know!

bigboysoven Reply:

NKOB: Can can will talk to you tomorrow!

• April 17, 2009 - 8:57 am | Permalink

can I tag along with J2Kfm??

New Kid On The Blog’s last blog post..Happy Birthday

• April 17, 2009 - 12:24 pm | Permalink

Oh, that looks so elegant and delicious! Thanks for the recipe! :)

Manggy’s last blog post..Chocolate Amaretti

bigboysoven Reply:

Manggy: I love your dessert creation too! just awesome!

• sandii
    April 18, 2009 - 12:33 am | Permalink

congrats on yr new.com home..havin a fun time clicking on yr site, getting to know the site better :)
    Today’s cake looks awesome ,me stop baking for a while now so will definately give it a go at this recipe but getting geletine leafs seems to be a problem , where to buy them ah?

bigboysoven Reply:

sandii: you can use gelatine powder! Can I try your bakes too?

• April 18, 2009 - 12:56 am | Permalink

sure….let me know when…i try to arrange my time..gosh …long time dint see u guys d;-0

bigboysoven Reply:

breadpitt: will definitely let you know when things are all sorted out!

• April 18, 2009 - 7:19 am | Permalink

Luscious raspberries squared! haha I like the film you used for the choco top as well.

Just a Girl’s last blog post..For Kathy Sugio an Amazing Woman~ Readers I Need your Help!

bigboysoven Reply:

just a girl: yup ain’t it gorgeous, just love those chocolate prints!

• April 18, 2009 - 2:33 pm | Permalink

visually pleasing-a good play with colors

foodbin’s last blog post..CLEAR BROTH NOODLE WITH "YONG LIU"

foodbin: thanks!

• April 19, 2009 - 12:45 am | Permalink

Beautiful cake!

Chin’s last blog post..Pork Ribs Prawn Mee – Restoran TTDI Utama, Taman Tun, KL

chin: I like it too!

• April 19, 2009 - 11:09 am | Permalink

Ooh I like! Square cakes are much easier to store, although from the looks of this, I’d finish it in a single sitting! Also loving your new blog’s new look! So much brighter and cheerier!

bigboysoven Reply:

550ml jar of faith: wow you really like your desserts! I got to make more in comings! :)

• April 20, 2009 - 12:48 am | Permalink

The cake look so tempting !!

taufulou’s last blog post..U-Cafe @ Sg.Wang

bigboysoven Reply:

taufulou: heheheh I already been tempted, that’s why I make this cake! lol!

• April 20, 2009 - 11:57 am | Permalink

This cake look so colorful!

email2me’s last blog post..Tai Zi Heen, Prince Hotel – Dim Sum Odyssey

bigboysoven Reply:

email2me: yeah those fresh cut fruits do all the trick!

• April 20, 2009 - 3:53 pm | Permalink

It looks so perfect! I am in awe (and slightly jealous!)

bigboysoven Reply:

the caked crusader: calm, calm down, no need to be jealous, you will able to create a similar one like this one , just follow the recipe! :)

• April 21, 2009 - 9:06 am | Permalink

ok this is really tough. baking is so out of my league. i baked a couple of times before, but the process of mixing the egg n flour just too tiring for me. hehehehehehe. so gave up in the end. :P

but, hey can i have a piece? :P

xin’s last blog post..Restoran Ah San Bakuteh @ Dataran Prima

bigboysoven Reply:

xin, never give in anything, try doing it again, maybe iin another day, I am sure you can make it, hahahaha sure you can have a slice.

• sandii
    April 21, 2009 - 1:20 pm | Permalink

great la gelatine powder can be use instead but how much gm to subsitute for the leafs? No probs la but i still yet to let u try the macarons that i’ve learn from u guys…lol.Will be looking forward to yr future post on BBO 2nd anniversary aka dessert tasting night on may, the desserts will surely be scrumptious.

bigboysoven Reply:

sandii already written therenest to it in g. Are you coming to our 2nd anniversary meet?

sandii Reply:

thanks, did not noticed the gm earlier, my bad..lol
    It will be lovely to attend yr 2nd anniversary aka food testing but yr guest list not yet full ke cause its such a happening event la?

• April 21, 2009 - 9:59 pm | Permalink

Just gorgeous. The layers are too pretty for words, and the slash of raspberry sets it all of perfectly. I am on the search for nice square cake stands just now; sometimes a square cake seems more “right” than a round.

bigboysoven Reply:

yes the raspberry is perfect. I too will be looking for a square cake stand, i saw it somewhere, msut grab it first before it gets disappeared!

• April 21, 2009 - 11:27 pm | Permalink

I was so intimidated when I saw the photo, it looks so difficult! but after reading the recipe I think it actually may be quite doable!

Sophia’s last blog post..Seduced again by the French mistress

bigboysoven Reply:

actuallu it is not difficult to make, just need some patient i guess! :)

• April 22, 2009 - 1:58 am | Permalink

Hehehe.. Can I just have the top layer of fruits!! LOL =D

andrew’s last blog post..Nuffnang Music Bash 2009 – Maison Club KL

bigboysoven Reply:

can Andrew, have some lol!

• Nicole
    April 22, 2009 - 5:18 pm | Permalink

Hey there,

Nice cakes! But for the egg whites portions, can you give in number of eggs instead of grams? It is very difficult for us (newbies) to measure. =)

Thanks so much.

Regards,
    Nicole

• April 24, 2009 - 10:14 am | Permalink

Thank you for the posting of such a beautiful cake and recipe. You would make me ” fat “. haha

My Taste Heaven’s last blog post..Pen Mutiara Curry House Penang

bigboysoven Reply:

hehehehehheh it is a lovely recipe to die for! lol!

• Arno Urch
    November 29, 2011 - 3:27 pm | Permalink

Hello Sunny from Big Boys Oven!

I just came across you page while i was searching the net and realized you posted my recipe and pic of that cake i have made a few years back! I hope you liked it and that it came out great and it was not to difficult to make? I have made this cake for pastry fanatics and non professionals alike to have some fun and hope it would work out ! It is a very nice combination that sweetish White Chocolate Mousse with slightly sour Raspberry Jelly layer giving you a great combination!
    Thanks very much for putting it on your page and hope you enjoy cake making as much as in 2009 when this was posted!!

cheers from Hong Kong!