Godiva Chocolatier Pavilion | Superb Gateux Kuala Lumpur !

I came to know about Godiva is through reading a post by a well known foodie named Jason. After reading his latest post on “” Chef At Home @ Tamarind, Sentul East” it makes me more wanting to visit Godiva as soon as possible. Chef At Home is a very young (21yo) and talented Chef as he had cooked a very simple and interesting 3-course meal for his guests on his birthday, as I was told by Jason on his blog. On knowning of his talent, my desire of wanting to see and taste his dessert creations had intensifiedly increased each day. Oh! by the way his named according to Jason’s post was Chef Jared.

Godiva Chocolatier, Pavilion

I just love the interior of Godiva, it does has a very clean look and with a very inviting feeling. When you reach at the serving counter you able to see those so desirable chocolates on the right and all those lovely cakes of the day on your left counter. Well whenever I landed at any eatery places, my food exploring will take over me. I saw some lovely doom shape mini cakes which looks awesome, I was told it was chocolate moussecake, how intrigging . . . . . . . just full of artistry, something that you don’t see often in Kuala Lumpur. and what catches my pair of buldging eyes on that day was the pistachio macarons . . . yes pistachio macarons . . . . . ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, I would like to inform you that you can get macarons at this outlet! . . . now I am wondering if  Chef Jared had  prepared the pistachio macaron, this chef looks very young too, it must be him :)

• April 20, 2009 - 2:56 pm | Permalink

i lOVE godiva! can whack one whole box on my own anytime!

April 21, 2009 - 8:26 am | Permalink

cumidanciki: wow! I know you can whack the whole box but don’t whack me yeah! :)

• April 20, 2009 - 6:22 pm | Permalink

how can I miss this when I was there??? I feel like grab the chocolate cake and whack it straight away!! 😀

New Kid On The Blog’s last blog post..See Kung Ooi ???

April 21, 2009 - 8:27 am | Permalink

NKOB: hahahahahah next time you can drop by if you come to KL! :) hahaha don’t whack all, keep some for me !

• April 20, 2009 - 7:00 pm | Permalink

oh Godiva serves macaroons as well? good.

cz all this while seeing from blogs and reviews only, never tried, never tasted.

J2Kfm’s last blog post..Tony Roma’s Ribs, Seafood and Steaks @ Pavilion, Kuala Lumpur

April 21, 2009 - 8:28 am | Permalink

J2Kfm: yes now I think macarons are hitting the town! you can see them mushrooming here and there :)

• April 20, 2009 - 7:19 pm | Permalink

I like to read blogs which also bring out some unsatisfactory parts, like this one. :)

cariso’s last blog post..Crepes Cafe

April 21, 2009 - 8:30 am | Permalink

Cariso: yeah very true, guess you like too! :) I had great fun and having you dine at the same table as ours! Now your trade make is the two fingers cross! lol!

• April 20, 2009 - 7:49 pm | Permalink

wow… the desserts look awesome. Too bad the drink turn out to be disaster.

April 21, 2009 - 8:33 am | Permalink

Food Paradise: yup the drinks were really horrible, so diluted and tasteless. I read masak-masak’s review on Godiva which was totally the opposite from mine. the cakes was delicious and very pretty, trendy is the word..

• Ann Marie Jane
        April 26, 2009 - 7:55 pm | Permalink

Ehhh…godiva serves pretty good drinks n cakes. Good combination. Who say the drinks is not good.

Your taste is so chaaaa one!!!!

drink water la u….better.

April 27, 2009 - 7:55 am | Permalink

hi Ann Marie Jane, no doubt i totally agree with you that godiva serves one of the best boutique cakes in KL but on that day not only myself but with other four other food writers, we found the beverages on that day were below our expectation. The coffee was thin, light in colour and tasteless and same goes with the cold chocolate drink. Yes we would agree with you, if we had knew the beverages were not to the standard we would prefer to have a glass of water.
          Well paying about nearly RM70(USD20) just for 5 of our drinks, I would expect a good brewed coffee and great chocolate drink. I think most of us do expect such quality and standard! Don’t you?

• April 20, 2009 - 10:07 pm | Permalink

i didnt know they serve desserts! Cos i didnt see any KLCC…But hey, Sunny’s macaroons are great too!

April 21, 2009 - 8:34 am | Permalink

thenomadGourmand: yeah they dont have the cafe at KLCC but in Pavilion.

• April 20, 2009 - 10:46 pm | Permalink

The chocolate cake looks so darn great! Can I have one piece? Hehe… You know la.. I’m chocolate fan ma.. 😛

allie’s last blog post..Penang Hawker Food | Sg. Dua Rojak, best!

April 21, 2009 - 8:35 am | Permalink

allie: hahahah of course you can have a piece! me too a chocolat fan.

• April 20, 2009 - 11:13 pm | Permalink

chong: one of the premium chocolates in the world. Lovely…

April 21, 2009 - 8:36 am | Permalink

yes very truely but the chocolat drink we had was not good, needs improvement!

• April 21, 2009 - 12:16 am | Permalink

I sure would like to visit this place again for the delicious chocolate and carrot cake…well done by Chef.

ck lam’s last blog post..Jawa Mutton Satay @Chowrasta Market Penang

April 21, 2009 - 8:37 am | Permalink

ck lam: yup we tasted the cakes and really love them!

• April 21, 2009 - 8:11 am | Permalink

awh… he is my friend since primary school!!! Now i know what he is up to lately….

thanks for that… i going to help you promote this post! xD
    I would have to use one of the photo above.. credit it to you.
    thanks!

U made awesome picture… I don’t have to try it.. its already mouth watering!

Lost’s last blog post..Finding my own pace.

April 21, 2009 - 8:38 am | Permalink

Lost: wow is he? Think your schoolmate is really work hard ! well I am dessert fan of his! Are you too? :)

• April 21, 2009 - 8:03 pm | Permalink

Good cakes good chocolate!

The beverages here sucks ……

April 27, 2009 - 7:40 am | Permalink

hi email2me,
      IYes I really do agree with you , godiva’s cakes are lovely and beautiful compared to most other beverage outlet but their coffee was rather lacking on that day

• April 22, 2009 - 5:38 pm | Permalink

since highly recommended by BBO, I must check this out soon…my bf loves choc cake…must bring him there

SimpleGirl’s last blog post..Rak Thai@The Gardens

April 27, 2009 - 7:42 am | Permalink

yes simplegirl, I do highly recommend you their cakes, they will defintely impress our bf and you too! try their chocolate cake very dense and I like it.

• April 23, 2009 - 10:03 am | Permalink

ahhh i wanna try the macaron! gosh yr pics make everything look so so good! SIGH. can DHL a piece of any of ur cake to me? ^_^

xin’s last blog post..Restoran Ah San Bakuteh @ Dataran Prima

April 27, 2009 - 7:43 am | Permalink

hahahah xin where are you now? abroad?

• April 23, 2009 - 1:46 pm | Permalink

Beautiful forms and when needed served with great panache.

April 27, 2009 - 7:43 am | Permalink

chin, do have a try, you will love them!

• Ann Marie Jane
    June 8, 2009 - 11:25 pm | Permalink

Big Boys Oven

I dare you to challenge a barista of mine. Im not only to a extent of a coffee and chocolate consumer, I took years understanding this master pieces from god.

I do know someone in Godiva UK and will arrange for a coffee making session with you.

Lets see how you can prove me wrong on the drinks in the Kuala Lumpur Outlet.

Looking forward to your favaroble reply oven boys.

June 9, 2009 - 12:59 pm | Permalink

Hi Ann Marie Jane,
      Thank you for offering the challenge and sounds interesting indeed. It is great to know of your vast knowledge in cooffee and choclate, which I am sure I can benefit from yourself when we meet.

I never doubt about Godiva’s coffee but it was about the coffee served on that day.
      Defintely we love to meet up for a good cup of coffee! :)