SIMPLE AND YET DELICIOUS
I came across this lovely chocolate cake recipe of Chef Johnny Chan, a well known Hong Kong based pastry chef. He is known for his passion in pastry and his creative ideas , techniques and the use of ingredients. For my bake this time, I had used deliciously moist dried cranberries instead of black sweet cherries and raspberry jam to ehnaced the taste of the chocolate. It is a very simple recipe and yet an ideal to serve this to your guests on a special occasion. This cake can be served cool and even warm over a scoop of lovely and delicious vanilla ice-cream. I am sure you will give this wonderful recipe a try this weekend . . . . yours Sunny Yaw
100g Egg Yolk
150g Icing Sugar
80g Ground Almond
100g Dark Chocolate
50g Dried Moist Cranberries
80g Cake Flour
20g Cocoa Powder
130g Egg White
1Tbspn Raspberry Jam
10 Fresh Whole Raspberries
1. Cream the butter and icing sugar until light. Add in ground almonds, egg yolk, melted chocolate and dried moist cranberries.
2. Fold in the sifted flour and cocoa powder.
3. Whisk egg white and sugar to a soft peak and fold into the cake batter.
4. Line cake ring with baking paper and pour the batter into the ring.
5. Baked at 160C for 40minutes
6. Keep the centre of the cake a bit moist.
7. Place the cake on the cooling rack.
8. Before serving place a spoon of raspberry jam on the surface of the cake and top with fresh whole raspberries.