Penang’s Finest Coconut Jelly | Get’s A Thumbs Up from Big Boys Oven!

coconut-jelly0
I know you will be laughing your hearts out as you look at my photo above . . . .but I think we were captured at the right moment and at the right place, what a great pose while having Madonna’s – Vogue played. . . . . Let’s strike a pose!

coconut-jelly4
I read in the Business Times Online sometime this mid February 2009 was referring to Joez’s coconut jelly going abroad and was planning on bringing its coconut-jelly product into Singapore and Indonesia by the end of this year, which sounded so exciting. I also read great reviews written by few foodbloggers such as Helen Ong and CK Lam. I was so excited of knowing that I will be in Penang, I make sure I had an appointment with myself to drop by at this shop at No. 201, Dato Kramat Road, Penang together with my manager Lingzie and my guest photographer Ken. This fresh coconut jelly is based on a family recipe and is made from pandan coconut water without any addition of preservatives and produced in a small factory owned by the family in Sitiawan, Perak
I saw the way others consuming the coconut jelly by just scooping out from the coconut shell with a spoon but I was taught the secret on how to delicate it. Very Simple! . . . just use a straw and suck out coconut jelly into your throat. It was fantastic as like DEEP THROAT, you can feel the rush of the chilled jelly rushing through your system and yet so satisfying. [Precaution: can be very addictive]
coconut-jelly1
Besides coconut jelly, the shop also sells coconut milk, desiccated coconut, coconut water and fresh coconut drinks.
coconut-jelly2
coconut-jelly3
If you drop by Penang, I would recommend you for a session of indulgance with this chilled coconut jelly straw sucking ritual, something worth trying . . . . . been there and did it. . . .a very satisfied Sunny Yaw.

• victor
    March 5, 2009 - 11:59 pm | Permalink

hi, quite interest in the coconut jelly u hv introduced…
    the coconut jelly is produced in sitiawan, perak?
    i never heard about coconut jelly when i’m in sitiawan…

• Sid's mui mui
    April 17, 2009 - 3:51 pm | Permalink

Wah lau! Great pose all of you…Sunny & Ken well done! Must learn how to pose from you.

All 3 of you made the coconuts so sweet & me so thristy! Aiya…!

• July 26, 2009 - 8:30 am | Permalink

goshh the only coconut i can get over here is either in can, tetra pak or worst in frozen bags without thte hard shell… :’-( Never mind… I will wait my revenge heheehheee!
    .-= pixen´s last blog ..Wanton Wrappers With Quail Eggs, Lotus Seeds and Gingkos Sweet Soup =-.

• Gilbert Ang
    September 13, 2009 - 7:02 pm | Permalink

Its now available at 11, Jalan Kg. Benggali, 12200 Butterworth (Opp Sportstoto) Tel 012-4768889

• ady
    October 24, 2009 - 2:47 am | Permalink

wow now you can get this coconut jelly at almost all famous restaurant in shah alam such santai cafe sek 11, jayati sek 13, wira sejati sek 18, it’s packed in clear container selling at RM1.20 each. It has same taste as in this article… check it out!

• Sue
    March 21, 2012 - 2:45 pm | Permalink

@Victor:
    The store is located in Manjung. Its around Kamdar that area.