Croquants Aux Amandes . . . . Crispy Almonds | Big Boys Oven Sweet Recipe

SIMPLE AND DELICIOUS . . .

I was searching for the perfect recipe of Crispy Almond recently and I always end up baking a biscotti like biscuit which was a bit compact. I prefered something light and therefore the search for a crispy, light and delicious biscuit went on till I found this perfect recipe to my liking. With the leftover whole almond found in my food cabinet I went on to explore this yummilious crispy biscuit.
croquants aux amandes 2

Ingredient

250gm Whole almond with skin
180gm Cake flour
450gm Sugar
50gm Vanilla sugar
100gm Egg white

croquants aux amandes 1

Method

1. Heat oven at 180C
2. Roast the whole almond till light brown.
3. Sift sugar and cake flour.
4. Pour in egg white into the cake flour and sugar, mix the mixture.
5. Add in roasted into the mixture, mixed the mixture.
6. Leave the mixture to rest for about 15 mins.
7. Scoop the mixture with an ice cream scoop and place it on a non stick baking tray. Distance each scoop of the mixture about an inch away from each other.
8. Place the baking tray into the oven and bake for abou 20-25mins till golden brown at 180C
9. Once cooked take it out from the oven and let it cool down.
10. Coat the biscuit with melted chocolat(Optional).

I adored the crispiness of this biscuit and I just can’t stop indulging them, just lovely and I hope you will try this recipe . . . . Yours Sunny Yaw

• April 2, 2009 - 10:58 am | Permalink

The steps sound simple… Might try it out one day :)

• April 4, 2009 - 8:34 am | Permalink

My 1st visit since you guys moved here =)
    Though I’m still processing the new layout, it looks great!

Hmmmm….I wonder if this almond biscuit will go well with expresso…

• April 4, 2009 - 11:45 pm | Permalink

Hmmm… This does not sound complicated, would give it a try ! Thanks for sharing the recipe.

• April 5, 2009 - 1:02 am | Permalink

nice new look. love all the extras and the layout! so when is the house warming? hehe.. and forget about the politics la. do what we love the way we love =)

• April 5, 2009 - 5:33 am | Permalink

Congratulations on your new blog home! It’s beautiful! ; )

• April 6, 2009 - 9:46 am | Permalink

oooooh… I love the new look of your blog! And what a delicious recipe!

• April 6, 2009 - 12:59 pm | Permalink

I love almond flavour. I think I will try out this recipe, simple and yummy :)

btw, I made cupcakes again and sugar fondant as the decoration.

• April 6, 2009 - 3:31 pm | Permalink

Hello!
    Am loving the new site – very classy!
    Can’t wait to see what lovely delights turn up on here!

• April 9, 2009 - 8:17 am | Permalink

Nice change up!!!! Did you switch to WP?

• Pingback: Momiji Clever Clogs with Croquants Aux Amandes . . . . Crispy Almonds | Momiji Malaysia Fans Club