I had a great weekend in Penang having my baking classes, now I am back safely in KL and am totally exhausted. It was fun teaching my students on how to bake Macarons, Japanese Rouleau and The Opera Cake. Beside teaching I was brought around the streets of Penang to taste the hawker food by Uncle Lee, I had Assam Laksa, Fried Kueh Teow, Curry Mee, Prawn Noodle, Penang’s Chee Cheong Fun, Pork Porridge, Pork Satay and Dim Sum. It was fantastic to have meet some great food bloggers from Penang over dinner on saturday nite and I will post about this trip later. As I need some rest I will leave you my favourite chocolat recipe.
350ml Double cream
300gm Dark chocolat
1pcs Vanilla pod
A pinch of salt
6nos heat proof glasses
1 baking tray
1. Preheat the oven to 180C
2. Bring the cream to boil, then pour over chocolat in a bowl. Stir until smooth.
3. Scrap the vanilla seed pout from the vanilla pod.
4. Whisk together egg, vanilla seed and salt in another bowl, then stir into melted chocolat.
5. Pour the chocloat mis into each heat proof glasses to your desire.
6. Fill the baking tray with water (water bath).
7. Deep the glasses into the baking tray filled with water.
8. Bake for 15-20minutes.
9. Cool completely in pan on rack about 30-40minutes.
10. Chill it in the fridge.
11. Served with thick cream.
I hope you will try this simple recipe at your own free time and I got to say mine tasted deliciously . . . . Love Sunny Yaw