A Flower Shower Wedding Cake . . . . . Alan & Jamie

A DREAM COME TRUE . . . .

I had a conversation with someone on the phone today.

“Hi, this is Big Boys Oven, it’s regarding about your cake”, I spoke.
“Who is this? Sid, the one who manage BBO or Sunny the good looking one with the photo on the blog” replied from someone.

Wow! I was shocked with joy . . . . me the good looking one, hahahahaha . . . such a compliment I ever received till today! I was totally blushed and still am even now! Thanks to someone, it was really motivated me to bake more from now on! heheheh . . . .

As I got back from Singapore, I created this cake specially for Alan & Jaime’s wedding at Holiday Inn, Glenmarie. I meet Jamie a month ago and she already had something in mine, a lovely huge 3tier wedding cake with beautiful orangy flowers combination over a light orange wedding cake flushed with some hand painted gold motifs. Here is the cake I created . . . .

1112
234
13159
6105
17A
I just adore my this latest creation, looks so Spanish and so inviting. Jamie told me that she loved it and the guests just adored it. Thank you so much Jamie for entrusting us to commission your dream wedding cake . . . Love Sunny Yaw.

• Manggy
    December 8, 2008 - 6:24 pm | Permalink

And thank you for showing us Sunny! Gorgeous cake– especially love the unique orange flowers!

• thenomadGourmand
    December 8, 2008 - 10:00 pm | Permalink

I can just imagine the amt of skill work that goes into this..impressive!

• Sue Me
    December 9, 2008 - 2:38 am | Permalink

Pretty cake..love the flowers. what flower is that?

Bake my cake for me ok? IF i were to get marry next time hehehehe

• Cutie
    December 9, 2008 - 8:02 am | Permalink

Wow, that’s beautiful. It’s really gorgeous. Can you bake a free one for my wedding. I want a cake with lots of beautiful light pastel colours of flowers. I like something very sweet and nice. Hehe.. Ok!!! Anyway, well done!!!

• email2me
    December 9, 2008 - 9:49 am | Permalink

This cake is so elegant and classy ! Gorgeous creation. :D

• Little Corner of Mine
    December 9, 2008 - 4:08 pm | Permalink

WOW, this wedding cake looks expensive! Expensive taste I meant.

• wEtwEtwAtEr
    December 10, 2008 - 12:34 am | Permalink

fuuuaaaa lannnn nehhhhhh…
    to tell people that it is handmade. awesome bro! way to go BBO!

• Rita Ho
    December 10, 2008 - 1:52 am | Permalink

That is a beautiful cake! Looks so grand and appropriate for the occasion.

Your creations are getting more awesome from day to day. Congrats!!

• cariso
    December 10, 2008 - 8:11 am | Permalink

SO is it becoz of the call then you’ve decided to show your big face at the last pic?! :)

• Simon Seow
    December 12, 2008 - 2:59 pm | Permalink

Ya. Sunny is actually very photogenic.

• Jaime
    December 14, 2008 - 1:06 am | Permalink

Sid & Sunny,
    Our wedding cake was beautiful. Everyone loved the cake and complimennt how delicious it is.

Some thought it was a dummy cake until when the waiters served it.

Thank you both very much for making this wonderful beautiful cake for us.

Love,
    Alan & Jaime

• auntyyochana.blogspot.com
    December 20, 2008 - 3:20 am | Permalink

Wow….that’s a good one…

So beautiful and I love the colour and the flowers.

rgds. aunty Yochana

• October 25, 2009 - 8:21 am | Permalink

Wow that is an amazing cake, congratulations.
    I’ am goign to take this picture to my local store and see if they can make one for my daughters wedding. Stunning
    .-= Order Funeral Flowers´s last blog ..Feel Safe Buying Flowers Online =-.