Red Velvet Chocolat Cupcake From The Southern . . .

A rich and sweet cake is what a red velvet cake is. It is a southern origin which makes it distinctive, popular and the dark red tanning makes it looks so sexy and yet so appealing. A truly cake sex goddess, a real seducer as it is originated from a mixture of fragrant buttermilk, unsalted butter, refined flour, dutch cocoa and red food coloring.

I love the texture of the red velvet, soft and fragrant and the color too is so attractive. I love to have them in a naked medium paper cups top with soft cream cheese frosting or even buttercream frosting. One thing about this red velvet cupcake, I never like to share mine with anyone, just like to pamper it myself . . . . so no sharing, have one yourself!

BB2

1pcs Vanilla pod
380gm Buttermilk
2tspn Baking soda
2.5tspn White vinegar

BB1

Method

1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. In the mixing bowl, sift together the cake flour, cocoa powder and salt.
3. In the whisking bowl, whisk the butter and sugar at medium speed till incorperated.
4. Reduce the speed of the whisk, add the eggs, one at a time and whisk.
5. Cut the vanilla pod into half and scrap the vanilla seed into the mixture and add in the red food coloring, whisk till incorporated.
6. Add in the cake flour mixture in batches and also together with the buttermilk. Whisk the mixture.
7. Mix vinegar and baking soda together and add into the mixture.
8. Transfer the readily mixture into the medium cups, about 45-50gm per each cup.
9. Bake for about 20 to 25 mins.

I have tried this gorgeous red velvet cupcakes in many batches and also a lot of repeating orders, so I guess you will try them too as I know it will never go wrong . . . Love Sunny Yaw

• CUMI & CIKI
    October 2, 2008 - 7:36 pm | Permalink

wa.. is it red and velvety inside? cannot see la.. must EAT one to know eh.. when u inviting?!

• Lore
    October 2, 2008 - 11:43 pm | Permalink

Haha :) I can understand why you won’t share this, it must taste heavenly!

• Happy cook
    October 3, 2008 - 4:46 pm | Permalink

I am gonna try this , it sounds delicious.
    I have never used vinegear in a cake mixture,

• Anali
    October 3, 2008 - 5:28 pm | Permalink

Yum! I had a red velvet cupcake a few days ago. It was really good,but not as pretty as yours. ; )

• Clumbsy Cookie
    October 4, 2008 - 3:04 pm | Permalink

Good! I’ll bookmark it, cause I never made (or tasted) a red velvet cake. Can you believe that? And if you say this is a tried and true recipe I belive you, cause you know you’re a big boy! 😉

• Ashley
    October 4, 2008 - 8:11 pm | Permalink

I must confess that I’ve never had a red velvet cupcake before.. I’m intrigued though.

• Megan
    October 5, 2008 - 6:41 pm | Permalink

these look so lovely-no doubt they taste delicious! i’m going to be having dreams about that frosting tonight!

• Nic (KHKL)
    October 7, 2008 - 6:01 pm | Permalink

i wonder how a red velvet cake tastes like…but for the presentation, i think it shd be yummy! :)

• Cookie
    November 7, 2008 - 11:35 am | Permalink

Marvellous blog, all your cakes are so lovely!

May I ask if you have ever used the balsamic vinegar for red velvet. I wonder how it will turn out?

Cookie

• December 21, 2010 - 9:40 am | Permalink

Love the cream cheese topping with walnuts.
    Jessica´s last blog post ..Dong Zhi Winter Solstice