Bojari Rice by Chef Faizal from Rempah Ratus Nasi Lemak Restaurant
Chef Mohd. Faizal is just only 34years old, a young innovative chef with more than 10years experience in culinary, specialising in malay cooking and heading the kitchen of Rempah Ratus Restaurant. He also had been working in many kitchen through his culinary journey such Genting Highland Resort, Pearl International Hotel, Summit Hotel and Mines Beach Resort.
One of the things that he can’t do without till today is his set of knives which had been following him all this 10years. He loves cooking especially having the chance to cook for Tun Mathir and also some royalty families but his top celebrity fan is his own mother! He advices young chefs to be more motivate, focus and dedicated to their work. One of Chef’s wishing list is to able to work with Chef Gordon Ramsey one day!
Here is the recipe that Chef Faizal would like to share with us, Bojari Rice.
Bojari Rice (for 2-3person)
80gm Dried Shrimp
150gm Ghee Oil
20gm Ginger Flower
8gm Screw Pine Leaf
1. Blend ingredient B
2. Wash the rice
3. Saute blended ingredients till fragrant in a pot with ghee oil.
4. Add in rice, salt and screw pine leaf.
5. Add in water
6. Cook for 20minutes or until rice cooked.
7. Before serving, sprinkle the chopped ginger flower
OTAK-OTAK(Steam Fish Paste with Egg, Herbs & Spices)
500gm Fish Paste
50gm Dried Cilly(soaked and blend)
10gm Rice Flour
5gm Tumeric Leaf
1. Blend all the ingredients B
2. All all the ingredients
3. Pour in a flat mould which had been layered with banana leaf.
4. Wrapped the mould with plastic wrapper.
5. Steam for 30minutes
Fried Chicken Rempah Ratus
1kg Chicken (cut into desire size)
30gm Fresh Tumeric
3gm Lime Leaf
40gm Dried Chilly(soaked and blended)
1. Blend all the ingredient B
2. Mix all the ingredients.
3. Marinate the chicken for at least 3 hours before deep frying.
4. Fry till golden brown.