TIRAMISU, MACARONS & ITALIAN DISHES ARE PURE LUXURY OF LIFE TO INDULGE!

DSCN3291 DSCN3314 DSCN3311

Few weeks ago, I had a tiramisu class and it went on smoothly. This time we had yokesze, khim, jennifer and teckiee and I showed them how to whip up the tiramisu and green tea tiramisu. Before the class, I baked some lovely framboise creme tarte and tiramisu for coffee break. Before leaving the class, my students took their mini tiramisu cake and framboise creme tarts home!

DSCN0735

DSCN0732

Over the weekend I had baked this, macaron topped with coconut filled with palm sugar (gula melaka) cream. The macaron tasted good, crunchy the outside and soft inside. The taste of the gula melaka cream enhance the taste of the macaron shell with it’s own distinctive fragrant smell. The next coming round of baking macarons, I will try durian, something I will defintiely love to have and I am sure same goes with the durian fans out there!

Sunny&chef

This coming weeks I will be introducing Master Chef Simon Sim from Palace of the Golden Horses, Mines, Kuala Lumpur. Master Chef Simon Sim had been cooking for more than 20years and his specialties and skills are on Mediterranean and Italian Cuisine. This is going to be a very exciting indeed as Master Chef Simon Sim himself will be sharing some of his secrets and cooking recipes with us soon at Big Boys Kitchen.

Love Sunny Yaw

• BeachloverKitchen
    May 11, 2008 - 9:17 pm | Permalink

Lovely tiramisu and macarrons!!.I would love to try your tiramisu especially green tea.oh! yes,I did buy some green tea powder from KL,maybe I can try your recipe.*Looking for BBO tiramisu recipe*(*scratching my head again*).Envy Sunny can join Simon Chef cooking class:)

• Kenny Mah
    May 11, 2008 - 9:25 pm | Permalink

Pure luxury of life, indeed! Much to savour here… thanks for sharing, guys! :)

• Kitt
    May 11, 2008 - 9:42 pm | Permalink

Mmmm. Delicious!

I’m wondering, what kind of palm sugar did you use for the cream? A friend brought me some from Cambodia that is the consistency of honey, and I’m not really sure how best to use it. I’ve googled recipes, but most call for the harder kind.

• Dhanggit
    May 11, 2008 - 10:57 pm | Permalink

i agree these are luxury of life we really should indulge on..yummy….

btw, my Mom-in-law made some macarons yesterday..well it was a big failure..i told her i know guys who are masters of macarons (of course im talking about you guys) im reading all your posts on macarons to get tips….too bad if we only live there i already registered her in your cooking classes :-)

• Nic (KHKL)
    May 11, 2008 - 11:05 pm | Permalink

wah, nice first 3 pics! especially the one with the strawberry…with good taste to boost, i’m sure :)

• daphne
    May 12, 2008 - 1:40 am | Permalink

I love Tiramisu AND macaroons! Sunny, that is amazing! Your clases must be fantastic. They get those min tarts too? Lucky students!

• tigerfish
    May 12, 2008 - 2:08 am | Permalink

WhoaAAA..the master is visiting other masters too! 😀

Looking forward to your posts on the teochew food and italian food.

• Denise ^ ChiCkyEGG
    May 12, 2008 - 4:20 am | Permalink

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    my TIRAMISU!! !!

Can u organise a class here in KK? ;p

• Big Boys Oven
    May 12, 2008 - 5:28 am | Permalink

beachlover:
    your mum got to try the green tea tiramisu first! :) The recipe is on our blog just add green tea. :) well it is all hard work and also thanks to foodstreet.com.my for giving us the oppurtunity to work with chefs!

kenny mah:
    we will be inviting you soon! would like to take up the challenge!

kitt:
    they are pure pleasure! I use malaysian palm sugar which had been diluted with water and comes in can! Usually we boiled this rock palm sugar with water and leave it till becomes thick.

dhanggit:
    I love your latest strawberry recipe so cool. I saw one using mango. I love to try them soon. Macaron is easy as it looks but can be a real devil to make them!

nic:
    You really spot on! You are a real metrosexual guy with ultimate taste !

daphne:
    Come and join me soon!

tigerfish:
    I posted them on bigboyskitchen.blogspot.com

denise chickyegg:
    hehehe I thought ekeng and terri are organising something, I am just waiting here :(

• The Caked Crusader
    May 12, 2008 - 5:35 am | Permalink

You are so artistic! These look almost too beautiful to eat. Almost……!

• Veron
    May 12, 2008 - 6:34 am | Permalink

Looks phenomenal! I could just eat it with my eyes!

• LiTtLe ChEfFo
    May 12, 2008 - 6:44 am | Permalink

thank yo so much for visiting my blog….yes i saw your blog and there in Singapore you cna find alot in any color :) but i live here in Perth Australia and i couldn’t even find one T_T……really hard to find i can’t do online shoping also because i have no credit card….hehehe

• LiTtLe ChEfFo
    May 12, 2008 - 6:49 am | Permalink

hallo, back again :p…….i beleive you will make better than me hehehe….it is actually just a simple recipe but really yummyyy. :p. till now i could’t found the trick to do macaroons so it could looks like your…they are awesome…..looks like a profesional macaroons

• squall
    May 12, 2008 - 7:23 am | Permalink

i love green tea tiramisu…

• Ann
    May 12, 2008 - 8:17 am | Permalink

Love, love, love the look of your macarons!

• Cookie baker Lynn
    May 12, 2008 - 5:14 pm | Permalink

Such beautiful baked goods! Lucky are the people who get to attend your classes!

• ~Christine~Leng
    May 12, 2008 - 9:11 pm | Permalink

ooo… durian macarons? anticipating!! :)

• Beachlover
    May 12, 2008 - 11:17 pm | Permalink

BBO:
    Thank you for being so thoughtful sending my mom a surprised Green tea Tiramisu Mother Day cake!!.You guys really surprised me and I really appreciated your thoughtfulness and good gesture.No wonder I can smell your green tea tiramisu all the way from NY!!hahaha!!.boyfriend….I own you guys one !Thank you again:))

• Firdauz takes five
    May 12, 2008 - 11:24 pm | Permalink

mmmmmmmm….

looks yummy

=)

• Simon Seow
    May 13, 2008 - 12:42 am | Permalink

Master Simon Sim, I think I saw him in Teckie’s facebook.

• Sheltie Girl
    May 13, 2008 - 7:02 am | Permalink

Oooohhh all the wonderful baking. Simply fabulous and so much to look at.

Natalie @ Gluten a Go Go

• Dee
    May 13, 2008 - 8:24 pm | Permalink

i lurve tiramisu. problem is, i don’t know when to stop :( i’m going to look up your recipe now, heh heh.

• Dhanggit
    May 14, 2008 - 12:27 am | Permalink

hi guys!! i just awarded you with a YUMMY AWARD blog!! congrats!!

• Jun
    May 14, 2008 - 7:19 am | Permalink

wah, pose with master chef must look so serious one ah? XD

• tankiasu
    May 15, 2008 - 4:22 am | Permalink

Oh the cook looks so garang!

• Jj
    May 16, 2008 - 6:06 am | Permalink

Those look SO wonderful! Great job!

• Lily's Cooking Colection
    May 16, 2008 - 9:46 am | Permalink

Link me from Ching blog , and this first time I visit your blog , wow …. I love all your bakes , I wish I can attend to your class :) very nice blog ….

Lily Nguyen

• wmw
    May 16, 2008 - 10:21 pm | Permalink

Ooooh, with gula melaka!!!!!

• little inbox
    May 17, 2008 - 8:42 am | Permalink

I’m a Tiramisu lover too…hmm…I want a piece, can ar?