Macarons . . . The Taste From The Rising Sun

Lately I had been doing some catching up with some of my friends that I had not meet since I left the commercial baking nearly a year ago. A frequent question popped up targeting to me all the time, . . . . . “What have you been busy with all this while, had not heard from you for ages, you must be busy with something . . .!”

DSCN5405

Well I told them I am trying new things but still keeping my hands on my best known trade, . . . baking . . . internet baking and not banking!. All of them kept in silence and must be wondering what the hack was internet baking. I explained, I bake cakes to order through on-line and teach baking when there is a request. My mates gave me a smile, must be thinking that I am crazy or living on another planet! Well the best kept secret is that I love what I am doing now, it is exciting and so rewarding!

DSCN5409

This is a batch of green macarons with matcha cream that I baked yesterday and had some placed on Linda’s greentea cheesecake. The taste was really delicious, not too sweet and very gluvy inside. By the way I just recieved a note this morning from my student, Diane that she had a very successful 1st baked of her macarons yesterday, Well done Diane! I just can’t wait to see those pictures of her successful macarons.

DSCN5419

Macaron is really amazing as it goes well with a cup of warm cappuccino, a cup of warm greentea or even a warm cup of chinese jasmine tea. So here I leave you with a few pictures of green matcha macarons for your enjoyment and pleasure viewing, hope you will have a great weekend . . . . . . Love Sunny Yaw

• tigerfish
    May 29, 2008 - 8:35 pm | Permalink

What I think of when I see these green macarons – they look like those Malay/Nonya kueh – green pandan kueh with gula melaka infused dessicated coconut filling! I don’t know the name but I think you know which ones I am referring to. The non-juicy version of ondeh ondeh! I better stop confusing you and myself!

• lingzie
    May 29, 2008 - 10:31 pm | Permalink

i want!!!!!!
    too bad i am in penang…otherwise i will surely apply to be your taste tester! lol!

• ah liang
    May 30, 2008 - 12:56 am | Permalink

hallo….I have tried the Macrons and as well the greentea cheesecake tat you made for Linda yesterday.
    yeah…I am the birthday gal (pinky pig), and thanks so much for baking me this very special cake~!! appreciate so much.
    the cake tasted so wonderful and the ingredient really really “gao”
    once again, terima kasih banyak banyak! :)

• Anonymous
    May 30, 2008 - 1:58 am | Permalink

Liang, are u really luv the green tea cheesecake? Hope u enjoy ur birthday and luv wat we had done for u……LoVe ya muacksssssss

leely

• CUMI & CIKI
    May 30, 2008 - 4:02 am | Permalink

you KNOW i am a fan… !

• Precious Pea
    May 30, 2008 - 7:00 am | Permalink

Wah..very nice colour. I can almost taste it melting in my mouth. WMW was telling me how good was your gula melaka macarons. Sniff.

• I Cook4Fun
    May 30, 2008 - 7:49 am | Permalink

I want too!!! Look soooooo good!!

Tigerfish, are you talking about kuih koci?

• daphne
    May 30, 2008 - 9:24 am | Permalink

u surprise me again. what flavour will u do next?

• Beachlover
    May 30, 2008 - 1:51 pm | Permalink

I wanna some,pleaseeeeeeee..Sunny,where is your macaroon recipe.I keep looking high and low for it but…maybe I can try to bake and you can judge from mine skill!!I still didn’t use the matcha powder which I bought from Bake wt Yen.

• Kenny Mah // Life for Beginners
    May 30, 2008 - 6:59 pm | Permalink

*looks at tigerfish’s comment*

Ooh, I know what she’s talking about, not confusing at all. It does have that lovely pandan green colour, and then there’s the reference to the gula melaka macaron also… A magical mixture, yes? 😉

• Denise ^ ChiCkyEGG
    May 31, 2008 - 1:18 am | Permalink

Oh yes, Doing what you love is the most happiest thing in life! I seriously wish I cud do tt like U, Great that you’r really really enjoy ur life now ! From the way express, knew that you’re more than a millionaire’s smile! 😀

my dream is to attend ur Baking class! HA!

• ai wei
    May 31, 2008 - 2:54 am | Permalink

amaizing. now it is so japanese-sy style!

• Dhanggit
    May 31, 2008 - 4:47 am | Permalink

oh my goodness, you boys are really the king of macarons!! they are brilliant, delicious and gorgeous!! would love to have some for dessert!! have a great weekend too!!

• Camemberu
    May 31, 2008 - 5:31 am | Permalink

Wow, I had saliva instantly flooding my mouth when I saw these pics!!! Slurp!

• Weeva
    May 31, 2008 - 9:04 am | Permalink

Looks awesome! Question: how do you keep the color rom turning to brown while baking? My flavored macarons have always turned a golden brown no matter what the original batter is colored.

• diva@theSugarBar
    May 31, 2008 - 10:06 am | Permalink

haha! i love that – internet baking. this looks yum.

• My Sweet & Saucy
    May 31, 2008 - 10:53 am | Permalink

These look great! Love the color!

• Kevin
    June 1, 2008 - 4:08 pm | Permalink

Those look really good! I just made some green tea macarons as well.

• Flanboyant Eats
    June 1, 2008 - 5:46 pm | Permalink

oh so pretty. especially since i love green and macaroons in general!

• Nic (KHKL)
    June 2, 2008 - 5:48 pm | Permalink

very good looking macaroons there…and yes, with a cup of cappuccino…great stuff!

• Aimei
    June 3, 2008 - 6:19 am | Permalink

The macarons are awesome! How I wish I could attend your classes!

• Julianne Yang
    June 14, 2008 - 9:32 am | Permalink

Hi Sunny,

Thanks for those nice Macarons, the birthday gal like it and really tasty…yummy yummy . But some of them still prefer less sweetness if possible :) Keep it up, will definitely order your cake menu soon.

Julianne