Mr Seputeh vs Mr Kinrara

The billboard shows Ms Teresa Kok (a sexy woman in red) hugging Mr Kinrara after dumping her old lover Mr Seputeh, with a message “Once and for all, we will never abandon you, please vote BN.”

On Monday as I was heading to Old Klang Road from Seputeh to visit my friend and saw two very eye catching billboards. These billboards were put up by Seputeh Barisan Nasional candidate Ms Carol Chew featuring Seputeh incumbent Ms Teresa Kok of DAP. At first I find it very funny and was laughing about it. The woman in red!

But as I think further, questions came into play.
Teresa Kok got a new look?
Is Seputeh a very very poor area compare to Kinrara?
Is this the right tactics?
How do you see about this billboards?

Before heading home to vote this saturday, I leave you with my freshly baked mini Strawberry Angel Cake.

This mini cake consists of 3 layers of hazelnut spongecake, layered with sliced strawberries and covered with cream, white chocolate and strawberry puree. It looks very presentable especially if you want to tempt your guests.

Have a nice coming weekend. Please VOTE! . . . . Love Sunny Yaw

• kennymah
    March 5, 2008 - 9:14 pm | Permalink

Definitely voting… I though politics was dirty, but hey usage of cartoons does tone things down a bit… the Lady in Red indeed, perhaps Strawberry Red? Hehehe.

• Precious Pea
    March 5, 2008 - 10:56 pm | Permalink

Hahaha…cute animation. But it definitely works in getting people’s attention isn’t it?

• Nic (KHKL)
    March 6, 2008 - 12:57 am | Permalink

sex certainly helps, eh? hahaha…i’ll be back on saturday to vote…good citizen, eh? hehe…

• JOjo
    March 6, 2008 - 1:42 am | Permalink

Haha, M’sia definitely got lots of funny poster for election that you cant get anywhere else =p
    Was back at home and saw a few poster with slogan that rhymes.Lol… =)

• Terri @ A Daily Obsession
    March 6, 2008 - 3:11 am | Permalink

i wonder if it was DAP’s poster, will it be allowed? look at what happened in Kuching where they pulled away some DAP banners. i get more n more upset every day. i feel like pulling down some banners myself!

oh, i love american-style cakes that are mile-high. sunny, u must tell us well ahead of time so i can come over n attend one of ur baking classes. i really like the recipes in ur upcoming class.

• Big Boys Oven
    March 6, 2008 - 4:06 am | Permalink

kennymah:
    oh! yes it must be the lady in red that leads to my honey strawberry cake! lol! i dont see any substence by putting such backfired billboard! wrong move I guess or an act without thinking?

precious pea:
    yealor, defintely get the attention but sadly it carries wrong message! It also shows what level of intelligent a political candidate can be! judge yourself! lol!

nic:
    Yes we must vote!

jojo:
    hahahaha malaysia boleh!

terri:
    oh! you are very correct, I also wonder what will happen if the opposition put those poster.

Refering to the baking class, I am still learning how to manage such classes as I just started it. The first class was a great success and the feedback from students were so positive and I got them signing to my new classes.

I also just got a new project this month, will be designing some new cakes for s client here in KL. I am so excited. lol!

• sue
    March 6, 2008 - 4:13 am | Permalink

yup i hv just seen the poster too on the way back fm a fren house..there’s two more posters added it seems…Happy voting!

• I Cook4Fun
    March 6, 2008 - 4:41 am | Permalink

Feel sad that we living oversea don’t get to vote :( :( By the way beautiful strawberry cake. May I have a slice?

• wmw
    March 6, 2008 - 8:54 am | Permalink

Yup, yup…gonna do my part, each and everyone of us should.

• Anonymous
    March 6, 2008 - 10:02 am | Permalink

thank u for the posting. it simple show us the Rakyat how low some politician will go to manipulate facts.

its great to see such an entry in very good food blog

peace,
    eddie

• wenching & esiong
    March 6, 2008 - 10:14 am | Permalink

Yeah, we saw that posters as well, it was tore down after the day we saw it. Anyway, will do our part as citizens on Saturday! Anyway, lovely cake, for sure it would impress guests.

• Big Boys Oven
    March 6, 2008 - 10:28 am | Permalink

sue:
    I had yet to see the latest one but I read it from the newspaper, still not so intelligent at all. I am not sure how this young people can be nominated as candidates. I wonder if they had been trained at all! My question now, can this young people represent us. I wonder?

i cook4fun:
    gert you are not the only one, but I consider those abroad are lucky, a better place, a better home, a better life. That’s why so many people left!

wmw:
    yes we all should! play one role for a better place for a better future!

eddie:
    can you reason out why there are such low mentality politicians? To me some don’t use their brain and how can they represent us.

• Big Boys Oven
    March 6, 2008 - 10:33 am | Permalink

tonight was my first time listening an opposition ceramah at SS2,PJ “Chow Yang” I was amazed with the crowd, I was in tears of joy seeing so many people cheering and applauding.

• beachlover
    March 6, 2008 - 10:39 am | Permalink

I want to vote!! I want your cake too!!.Too sad I can’t vote at last minutes,I didn’t register b4.So now I make sure to register for next term election plus I must be in Kl at that time.Politic is a very dirty game,but I would love to see fair and clean leader here to lead.

• Little Corner of Mine
    March 6, 2008 - 11:53 am | Permalink

Yes, vote for change!

• White On Rice Couple
    March 6, 2008 - 3:54 pm | Permalink

hmmm….still thinking about the posters.
    But your cake looks divine as always! I just feel like licking the computer screen. And I want to poke the top of the cake sooo bad!

• team bsg
    March 6, 2008 - 5:47 pm | Permalink

die die oso must not vote BN !

• tigerfish
    March 7, 2008 - 5:04 am | Permalink

I’m not really a fan of cream but the rest of it- the sponge cake , I will take it! Preference aside, it looks lovely!

• daphne
    March 8, 2008 - 3:59 am | Permalink

Love the look of the cake. Really really sweet.. hope the election will go the same way.

• Anali
    March 10, 2008 - 11:45 am | Permalink

Thanks for the pictures of the billboards and giving us some perspective on your elections. We Americans are pretty focused on our elections over here too as I am sure you are quite aware! : )