A Surprise Visitor!

I just had an adorable surprise visitor, lovely and gorgeous Mishu. She is now in Kuala Lumpur spending her vacation over the Chinese New Year with her mummy, aunt, grannie and family. Mishu is incredible friendly, speaks mandarin and I end up being the “Big Koko (brother)”. I caught a photo of Mishu through my lense, the little princess!

Lovely cookie cutters and stencils from mummy Mishu! So lovely, we love it, something that we can use this Valentine’s Day. And we got our cupcake holder too!

Today, Mango Moussecake is something that I would like to introduce to you. It may not be new and maybe common but I really adore them as it is creamy, fragrant and juicy! In Malaysia we have various type of mangoes and plentyful too. So I had this baked over the weekday.

Ingredients

Cake Base and Cake Top
Cake sponge about 12mm thick.

Mango Mousse

Gelatin Leaf 1.5envelopes

Decoration
Mango 1 thick piece
Dark chocolat button 60gm

Method
Make the mango mousse
Whisk egg white until foamy. Then, add in granulated sugar gradually and whisk until soft peak form.
Whisk whipping cream and gradually add in mango syrup until soft peak form.
Pour mango puree into the whipping cream and fold well with a rubber spatula.
Fold meringue into mango mixture and gently fold well.
Pour in metled gelatin into the mango mixture and gently fold.
Lay the cake based onto the baking tray.
Pour the mango mousse into the baking tray, place the top layer sponge and refrigerate for 1 1/2 hours.

Melt gelatin into the hot mango puree. Cool it down until 50C to puree jelly. Pour it over the top.
Evenly scatter the mango balls on the top and refrigerate for half an hour. Lastly, decorate the cake with chocolate ornaments.

This is not a difficult dessert to make, I am sure with my guide you will able to charm your guests, they will be in for a little delite!

Love. . . . . Sunny Yaw

• singairishgirl
    February 2, 2008 - 8:39 am | Permalink

Oh wonderful. How cute! Wow, mummy Mishu is incredible to teach little Mishu mandarin! Amazing I would say. Mine lives in Asia but not fantastic her mandarin. Still got to buck up. Love the heart shaped macarons! ANd the gorgeous mango cake. I love mango!

• Big Boys Oven
    February 2, 2008 - 8:53 am | Permalink

singairishgirl:
    Mishu is very clever, she knows where is her eye, mouth, nose, ear etc in mandarin. Oppssss that heart shape macaroon was supposed to be posted this coming 14thFeb, anyway details will be coming up soon!

• zorra
    February 2, 2008 - 11:02 am | Permalink

I love Mango, unfortunately I don’t have access to various types as you have.

The cupcake holder is great and your Mango Moussecake make me drooling!

• I Cook4Fun
    February 2, 2008 - 11:19 am | Permalink

Wah, beachlover and Mishu already visited you in KL. I so jealous leh :):) Mishu is so cute. Just look her her red cheeks. She must be feeling really hot there ha haa.. I really like the mango moussecake. Make me drool!!!

• Dhanggit
    February 2, 2008 - 11:46 am | Permalink

you naughty little boys!! you are torturing me with this beautiful mango moussecake!! this i will definitely try!! im a big fan of mango :-)

btw, i love that cupcake holder, im jealous :-(

• Zen Chef
    February 2, 2008 - 1:12 pm | Permalink

Mango moussecake? I’m sold!
    I can perfectly imagine how it taste like. Yum!
    I bet you have the best mangoes down there. I’m jealous.

• Little Corner of Mine
    February 2, 2008 - 10:18 pm | Permalink

How nice, such lovely gifts! Love your mango moussecake too! You should place the cupcakes on the stand and take a picture mah.

• Ling's Passion
    February 3, 2008 - 7:41 pm | Permalink

Wow..so many gifts. You such a lucky guy. I love the colour combination of your mango cake, I believe it taste good, too.

• Katy
    February 4, 2008 - 9:25 am | Permalink

That cake looks amazing! So unique and gorgeous. Mishu is adorable as well!!!

• Nora B.
    February 4, 2008 - 4:02 pm | Permalink

Hi Sunny,
    Your niece is very cute. And look at all those cute toys you got! Just in time for valentines day :-)

And your mango moussecake is certainly the best looking one that I’ve seen – yummm! If only I can have a slice. :-)

Nora

• Sweetiepie
    February 5, 2008 - 7:51 pm | Permalink

your mango mousecake is awesome.The colour is truly temoting to eat.Yum!