Whatever It Takes

Whatever it takes, this class must go on”, that was what I embedded in my head.
Whatever it takes, my students must learn from this class”, that was what I pinned in my heart.

At the end of the day, it was an enjoyable and fruitful day for myself and my six students, in making macarons! Jennifer, you are lovely….Sandy, gosh we meet at last…. YokeSze, isn’t it easier than the tunes!….. WeiZhi, gosh you watch every step without blinking!….. Kim, you are so adorable ….a mystery guest….. you are learning well! Thank you to you all for making it so successful, I totally forgot my worries. I will definitely be posting this special day very soon.

Before I take a minute rest, I leave this special and easy recipe for your indulge,

A Lite Cheesecake

1/8 tsp Cream of Tartar
100gm Sugar
a pinch of salt

Method
Preheat oven 180C
Sift ingredient B.
Whisk ingredient A, add egg yolk one by one. Add in ingredient B portionly.
Whisk egg white, add in sugar portionly, cream of tartar and salt. Whisk until firm.
Add C in to A, and gradually mix.
Place the mix in the baking tin. Sit the baking tin on a pool of water. Baked in the oven for 20-30mins.
When the cake surface turn golden in colour, it is ready, remove from the oven.
Optional – Brush kumquat syrup on the cake surface and place half cut kumquat compote as deco.

It is easy, whatever it takes you must try this recipe and you will never regret.

Love Sunny Yaw

• Lewis
    January 20, 2008 - 9:26 am | Permalink

Well, it just so happens that I was about to go on a cheesecake odyssey. I just received ‘Cheesecake Cookbook’ by Alan Rosen of Juniors in New York. So your post will just have to go into the lineup. These loaves just look too good!

Also, I added your wonderful site to my blogroll.

• Oh for the love of food!
    January 20, 2008 - 9:30 am | Permalink

Sunny, Congratulations on the success of your macaron class! You must e-mail me to tell me your experience and share some tips with me ,ok?
    I will be in KL in April and would LOVE to meet with you and Sid! It will be great, I am so excited, YAY!
    These sponges look so light and pretty, I could eat all of them in a sitting!

• singairishgirl
    January 20, 2008 - 4:52 pm | Permalink

Oh thank you for the recipe. I’m into cheesecakes at the moment and love the one I just tried last week, so this is really great… something else to try.

Great to hear your class went so well. Can’t wait for updates.

• Ling's Passion
    January 20, 2008 - 5:42 pm | Permalink

I’ve never bake a fluffy cheesecake like this before. Will definitely give it a try when I have the time. Glad to hear that your class went well…’chia yu’

• Precious Pea
    January 20, 2008 - 6:20 pm | Permalink

Wahh…it looks so light and fluffy!!! I will try your recipe soon. Thanks for sharing!

• Nic (KHKL)
    January 20, 2008 - 6:42 pm | Permalink

never knew cornflour is used in cheesecakes…thanks for the recipe! and congratulations on your class too! :)

• daphne
    January 20, 2008 - 6:56 pm | Permalink

Those cheesecakes look so pretty!!

and those lucky ducks who attended your class!

• Zen Chef
    January 20, 2008 - 7:42 pm | Permalink

I would love to give classes someday! Nice touch chef.
    Love the Cheesecake too…a lot. Okay i admit it… i am a cheesecake addict!
    :-)

• "Joe" who is constantly craving
    January 20, 2008 - 8:47 pm | Permalink

this looks so simple n easy going for the stomach..yummm…pictures of the class?

• tigerfish
    January 21, 2008 - 4:11 am | Permalink

Nice fluffy cheesecake. I like both the Japanese light cheesecake and the slightly heavier New Yorker-type cheesecake. They are all good!

Hope your class went well.

• sc
    January 21, 2008 - 4:49 am | Permalink

the cheesecakes looks beautiful! and congrats to your class!

• I Cook4Fun
    January 21, 2008 - 6:20 am | Permalink

This cake look so light and soft. I will definately going to try this. By the way, congratulations on the sucess of your first class. Can’t wait to learn from you.

• sue
    January 21, 2008 - 8:57 am | Permalink

Hiya Sunny & Sid..i enjoyed the class very much and it was great meeting the girls as they were all very nice.
    Sunny is extreamly talented and he taught us very well…two thumps up!
    And Sidney..u r definately a very good host and make me feel most very welcome!
    Looking forward for yr next class..Kudos!

• bigfish_chin
    January 21, 2008 - 12:01 pm | Permalink

Oooh! your class sounds very great leh. I dunno how to bake at all, looking at your website always make me feel like wanna learn more on Baking… are u going to organise another class ah?!

• East Meets West Kitchen
    January 21, 2008 - 1:08 pm | Permalink

Your class sounds like fun, and I love your cheesecake! Sorry I missed you, and won’t have a chance to attend your upcoming classes this year, but maybe sometime in the future? 😉

• Jackson
    January 21, 2008 - 5:30 pm | Permalink

wow….it must b a great class!! Too bad im busy these days…

• Mansi Desai
    January 21, 2008 - 5:31 pm | Permalink

wow, light cheesecake! now that’s what I’d like everyday:)

-Mansi

• Little Corner of Mine
    January 21, 2008 - 5:45 pm | Permalink

Wow, this cheese cake really looks so lite and soft, I bookmarking this recipe!!

• Emiline
    January 22, 2008 - 3:25 am | Permalink

I think you’ve convinced me! It looks so light and fluffy.

• ~Christine~Leng
    January 22, 2008 - 8:56 am | Permalink

glad that your class turned out good :) anticipating your post!
    and these cheese cakes look very decent! Light and pretty :)

when’s the class for cakes? haha…

• ai wei
    January 22, 2008 - 9:29 am | Permalink

sobz sobz. i wish i could join the class but… was too busy with the school works. >__<

thanks for this lovely recipe. gotta try it out in holiday! thankiesss

• wenching &amp; esiong
    January 22, 2008 - 10:22 am | Permalink

Those cheesecakes look so tempting! Easy recipe but I don’t think I can do it! Haha!

• teckiee
    January 22, 2008 - 8:08 pm | Permalink

boohoooo …. can i come for the next class? plsssss

• jadepearl
    January 22, 2008 - 9:33 pm | Permalink

Congrats on a successful macaroons class!!! :) Wah, the cheese cakes looks some nice and soft. Will definately try…die die must try!!! Thanks!!!

• beachlover
    January 23, 2008 - 1:27 am | Permalink

Congratulation on your baking class!!..Lovely cheese cake..Look easy and very soft that cheese cake..I wanna to bite it now! lol!

• Dhanggit
    January 23, 2008 - 1:52 am | Permalink

hello guys!!! im glad to be back into blogging..

i will definitely try this recipe of light cheesecake..i will count your word chef :-)

i imagine that it must be fun and really rewarding for a good chef to share their techniques with students..how lucky your students are :-)

• Anonymous
    January 28, 2008 - 1:33 am | Permalink

Thanks Sunny. I tried out your recipe on Saturday and it’s a success! For once my cake did not sink…nor crack. I’m going to bake it for reunion dinner at my mum’s house as well as for my friends and relatives visiting me over CNY. Can’t thank you enough ;)). Cheers, Yasmin

• coco
    January 28, 2008 - 10:13 pm | Permalink

WOw this looks splendid! Remindes me of the one I’ve eaten at Bread Talk! I’m putting it in my list right awat! :)

• storm
    February 3, 2008 - 7:44 am | Permalink

can i have the measurement of the baking tin… or it doesnt matter? just bake until golden on top?

• Anonymous
    July 3, 2008 - 1:37 am | Permalink

Hi Sun, stumbled upon your blog.Its awesome!!
    I am going to try out your cheesecake. Sounds simple enough. It will be first tiem baking. Wish me luck.
    By the way, what you mean by “Place the mix in the baking tin. Sit the baking tin on a pool of water. Baked in the oven for 20-30mins” Do explaine. You will be light in the dark.Hehe