No Reservations

Yesterday was another great holiday and had a good relaxing time at home. What did I do? Watching this movie called No Reservations over a bag of “Ngaku”chips. Truely fall in love with this movie, having Catherine Zeta Jones around was incredible. “This is my kitchen and don’t take it away from me” It is a lovely movie and I am sure anyone who loves food will love this romantic movie.

Another yet lovely thing that I would love to introduce to you is this lovely rose called Ispahan, also known as Pompon des Princes, is a clear pink, half-open kind of Damask rose. And yet there is also another Ispahan that I love, a fancy cookie sandwich, two big pink rose-flavoured macaroons by Pierre Herme. Loads of raspberries around edge; with a hidden heart of rose cream – studded with morsels of the lychees – it’s decorated with a single perfect red rose petal – with a faux dew drop – made with a dot of clear glucose.

My desire of Ispahan had me making some myself, yesterday evening. Everything maintain the same except replaced raspberries with strawberries, even decorated them with red rose petal. I did two version, a bigger one with whole strawberries and the smaller one with cut strawberries.

Just to remind those macaron lovers that I will be having a macaron class this coming 20th January, it will be an exciting class that not to be miss. Just only a few place left.

Time: 2.00pm-5.30pm (with an interval)
Date: Sunday, 20th January 2008
Venue: Opal Damansara, Petaling Jaya
Price: RM200 (Prepayment Required)
Limited to only 10 person
(Demo + Recipe Pack + Coffee Break + Food Tasting + A Box of Freshly Baked to Take Home + a Sponsored Gift)

Contact & Register: email bigboysoven@gmail.com /sms 012 302 1269

Basic Almond Macaron with Cream
Hazelnut Macaron with Chocolat Ganache
Illy Coffee Macaron with Chocolat Hazelnut Ganache
White Sesame Macaron with Peanut Butter
Black Sesame Macaron and Chestnut Cream
Additional
Macarons Entrement

So dear readers, I wish you a great coming weekend and I will be away this weekend on a “makan-makan” (food) trip.

Love Sunny Yaw

• beachlover
    January 11, 2008 - 1:28 am | Permalink

wow!! somethiing is different this time with fresh strawberry!!..I know fresh strawberry are really appreciated in Msia..New Innnovation with No Reservation!!*clap clap*..next time insert some diamond sparkle on your rose shape macaroon:P..That for Valentine DAY lot of XOXOXO!! hahaha!!

• bigfish_chin
    January 11, 2008 - 2:56 am | Permalink

Really look Lovely~
    Pink color together with the strawberries always look sweet…

• wenching & esiong
    January 11, 2008 - 3:53 am | Permalink

Wow, I love any dessert with strawberry. This looks so lovely and delicious!! I’m drooling… Hehe!

• ekeng
    January 11, 2008 - 4:22 am | Permalink

Wow..this Macaroon looks so beautiful..give me the feel of love and romantic..haha..What a nice creation..Well done !!

• kampungboycitygal
    January 11, 2008 - 4:44 am | Permalink

what happened to sunny? haha so girlish lately

• kennymah
    January 11, 2008 - 7:42 am | Permalink

You know, I don’t normally like pink. (Just ask Lyrical Lemongrass — it’s amazing how much time I can put in arguing with her on that one colour.)

But this. This works for me. It’s subtle… and romantic. And I’m feeling that lately. Almost spring… :)

• Ling's Passion
    January 11, 2008 - 9:28 am | Permalink

I am utterly suprised by your creation. Strawberries + Macaron = Romance. Just right for Valentine.

• Imbi & Itchy
    January 11, 2008 - 5:36 pm | Permalink

good, good .. i don’t think anyone makes ispahan here lol, btw if you’re looking for the freshest, freshest rasberry in town .. i spotted them in isetan KLCC. when will be get to try ispahan (ahem) lol

• Nora B.
    January 11, 2008 - 6:35 pm | Permalink

Hi Sunny,
    I liked that movie too!

Oh your dessert look so elegant and lovely. Picture perfect! Love the rose petals you’ve out there.

Oh and can you pls stop making me feel bad that I will be missing your macaroon class, you know that I need help in that department! 😉

Have a good weekend. My last three days in Singapore…so sad…

Nora

• singairishgirl
    January 12, 2008 - 4:02 am | Permalink

Oh wow, I love, love, love this. Princess will love too as she loves strawberry.

• ~Christine~Leng
    January 12, 2008 - 4:30 am | Permalink

i love No Reservations a lot!;P
    your macarons with strawberries did bring up the romantic feeling :)
    aww… appropriate desserts for Valentines! haha.. i kept on relating your creations to the V Day!
    and.. PINK! my fav colour :)

• mº¿ºsh, brecht & nora
    January 12, 2008 - 5:12 am | Permalink

U know ah sunny, here in europe, anything american, will come out very late in the cinemas. even in spore come out months & months, then they screen it here, aiyah, i hv to wait ages before i can see hollywood stuff. but because of this also, i hv learnt to appreciate alot of europe made movies also, i look forward to seeing this movie too = ) thx for the review, hugs for a gd weekend!Mush

• Anali
    January 12, 2008 - 11:47 am | Permalink

I want to see that movie too and just added it to my Blockbuster queue. Those pictures are jump off the blog amazing! And I really like the music you have playing by Michael Buble!

• Little Corner of Mine
    January 12, 2008 - 12:35 pm | Permalink

What a lovely strawberries macaron! Enjoy your food trip!

• Truffle
    January 13, 2008 - 5:11 am | Permalink

Oh how delicate and lovely. Really beautiful. I loved No Reservations too :)

• Emiline
    January 13, 2008 - 1:49 pm | Permalink

So pretty….it reminds me of Valentine’s Day.

I haven’t seen that movie, but I kind of want to, because of the cooking. I was afraid it was going to be stupid.
    I watched, I am Legend, but it wasn’t that great, so don’t bother.

• Nic (KHKL)
    January 13, 2008 - 7:27 pm | Permalink

never knew that there are endless variations of macaroons…kudos to you guys for exposing me to this wonderful dessert! and all the best in your class!! :)

• JOjo
    January 14, 2008 - 2:10 am | Permalink

Looks good, no wonder they say girls love pink!
    Pretty pretty creation!

• tigerfish
    January 14, 2008 - 3:33 am | Permalink

Enjoy ur makan makan trip. You will post on it after that, won’t you? 😛

• wmw
    January 14, 2008 - 4:29 am | Permalink

Hahaha…thought Sunny was about to say he fell in love with the ngaku chips…hehehe. Lovely looking strawberries!

• Veron
    January 14, 2008 - 8:36 am | Permalink

Ooh..beautiful interpretation of Pierre Herme’s ispahan. I’ve been meaning to make this but just can’t find all the ingredients together!

• barb michelen
    January 15, 2008 - 2:49 am | Permalink

Hello I just entered before I have to leave to the airport, it’s been very nice to meet you, if you want here is the site I told you about where I type some stuff and make good money (I work from home): here it is

• sue
    January 18, 2008 - 10:04 am | Permalink

Hiya BBO..Do u know the person barb michelen and is the site he mentioned genuine.
    thanks

• natashakhm
    January 20, 2008 - 1:05 am | Permalink

OMG!!They look sooooo delicious!

Too bad I’m a lil late for the Macaron. Else I would really love to join the class. When’s the next session?