Menu for Hope Winner

We had just been informed that the lucky winner for “Menu for Hope AP14″ is Ms Sharon Wee . We also like to thank those who had donated to this event. We will defintely post about this meeting with Ms Sharon very soon.

My favourite snack during this festive month! “Ngaku” Fried Arrowroots Chips! This week will be a great week to look forward to, busy and an exciting class!

Love Sunny Yaw

• Dhanggit
    January 15, 2008 - 2:25 am | Permalink

oh ms sharon wee is really lucky!! im excited to see your post on this “encounter”!!

btw, i never tasted this chips before but they definitely look really good..in front of a good movie and a cold limonade will bring me definitely to cloud 9!!

• teckiee
    January 15, 2008 - 4:22 am | Permalink

time to hit the pasar borong for that 10kg crate already … cheaper or not this year?

• Big Boys Oven
    January 15, 2008 - 4:42 am | Permalink

dhanggit: oh she is very very lucky. The person who bought the raffle ticket was the sister! lol! Oh this chips are very good, you can wallop all in no time, and still ask for more, more and more!

teckiee:
    I saw tesco selling them but looks so small and unappealing from the one we bought from the central market(pasar borong), huge and refreshing colour!

• d3vil
    January 15, 2008 - 5:34 am | Permalink

Sharon here. look forward to meeting up with u guys after CNY… but ah kindda kancheong also coz dunno what to expect 😛 first time gonna attend this kindda thingy… Thanks to sis all the way frm Perth!

weeeeeee!

• d3vil
    January 15, 2008 - 5:41 am | Permalink

oh yah.. 1 more thing, dun sabo me with durian pls! i can smell them a mile away and run the other direction coz i read somewhere durian cake? 😛

• wenching & esiong
    January 15, 2008 - 6:02 am | Permalink

Ngaku, I love it too! It’s chinese new year and it’s time to prepare some at home! 😀

• ai wei
    January 15, 2008 - 7:20 am | Permalink

ohhh! i like this a lot! gotta help my mum to fried these! hehehe

• Little Corner of Mine
    January 15, 2008 - 10:46 am | Permalink

Looking forward to read your exciting class with Ms. Sharon!

• Nora B.
    January 15, 2008 - 2:27 pm | Permalink

Hi Sunny,

Great that you donated a gift for this event. I didn’t wine anything :-( But at least I know that my donation went to a great cause.

I don’t think I’ve tried ngaku before. Now, I am curious… but too late now, because I am back in Sydney 😉

• Nic (KHKL)
    January 15, 2008 - 5:40 pm | Permalink

thanks to mum, i already had 2 milo tins of arrowhead chips! hehehe….now finishing up my beehive! :)

• ~Christine~Leng
    January 16, 2008 - 7:37 am | Permalink

my fav too during the upcoming festive season!
    but.. gonna have to control my consumption!!! ;P

• sue
    January 16, 2008 - 9:31 am | Permalink

How much are the nga ku from central market( pasar borong) ?
    Was thinking of frying some for my mom’s church pot luck.

• beachlover
    January 16, 2008 - 9:36 pm | Permalink

can I have some arrowarrot chip??..Do they sell arrowroot as it’s ready to eat or do we need to do all the work ourself??

• Emiline
    January 16, 2008 - 11:42 pm | Permalink

Oooh, arrowroot chips. COOL.
    I wish we had arrowroot.

Congrats to the winner!

• Imbi & Itchy
    January 18, 2008 - 5:02 am | Permalink

uh … i try to stay away from this because once i start, cannot stop!

• sue
    January 18, 2008 - 10:08 am | Permalink

beachlover – the arrowroot can be bought raw and has to be thinly slice before frying just like chips.

Btw i managed buying them at a good price at Giant..promotion leh till sunday.

• Sweetiepie
    January 18, 2008 - 2:23 pm | Permalink

your chips look so fresh and crispy..how do you do slice it so thin.

• L'abeille
    January 18, 2008 - 7:34 pm | Permalink

“Chef will always be chef!” Even a simple snack like “ngarku” also you can make it soooooo presentable!! *Salute*

• bigfish_chin
    January 19, 2008 - 12:52 pm | Permalink

BBO,
    I finally got this Nga Gu from my friend. Yours looks a lot better from the photo ler~

• What A Lulu
    January 23, 2008 - 6:29 am | Permalink

i also didnt win :C

haha! i placed a bid, then scrolled through the pages to check out the competition. there were very few bids, and i wickedly grinned to myself.
    then i reached the 2nd last page, and there were so, so many bids to spend the afternoon with you guys.

have fun, sharon! and bigboys, you must blog all her kancheong moments, kay