20.1.08 A Date to Remember

Specially dedicated to my students:
“There can be miracles, when you believe. When you believe, you can achieve it”

20th January 2008 is a date to remember, officially it was my first baking class. Wow! was it? It was and was not too frightening as I would had imagined! I was so worried. It turned out to be fun afterall,… went on very smoothly, slick and entertaining. We spend nearly nearly four hours baking and yet felt like just hardly an hour, I got to say it was fun and enjoyable. We got together and my students sat around the table surounding me, that was a bit scary at first. Hey after a minute it was alright, worries no more. And here is what we did in the class!

Whisking the eggs . . . . .

Egg testing . . . . ?

Adding dry ingredients . . . !

Pipe it out babe!!!

Dressing them up!

Time to cook them . . . .

A coffee break with Illy and chit chat . . . .

Indulge some CHEESE TARTS

Lingering those CHOCOLAT MACARONS

Break is over, JENNIFER’S turn …..

YOKESZE’S turn now ……

Ahha SANDY’S turn ……..

Filling time!!!

The MACARONS of the day, what a wonderful day!!!

THE ENTREMENTS
THE ISPAHAN

CHOCOLAT MACARON WITH ROASTED CHESTNUTS

A CAKE DECORATED WITH ASSORTED MACARONS

MACARON TARTS

MANDARIN TARTS to end the class of the day!

It was an enjoyable afternoon and very fruitful especially for myself and also meeting my new students. I will be having another set of macaron class on this coming February, a very limited places available and do book early!

MACARON CLASS II
Time: 2.00pm-5.30pm (with an interval)
Date: Sunday, 24th February 2008
Venue: Opal Damansara, Petaling Jaya
Price: RM200 (Prepayment Required)
Limited to only 6 persons(Demo + Recipe Pack + Coffee Break + Food Tasting + A Box of Freshly Baked to Take Home + a Sponsored Gift)

Contact & Register: email bigboysoven@gmail.com /sms 012 302 1269

Love Sunny Yaw

• bigfish_chin
    January 23, 2008 - 2:09 pm | Permalink

Nice class BBO… when is the next class eh?! All the Macarons looks very nice and well ler~
    Thanks for all you opinions and helps!

• Terri @ A Daily Obsession
    January 23, 2008 - 4:39 pm | Permalink

Wish u can do a class in KK. gosh, ur macarons look absolutely yum! I made the lite cheesecake yesterday n would’ve called u if i had ur no. In ur recipe, there’s no mention of when to put the milk, so I added it along with the A ingredients but it got too watery so I only used half ie 60 g instead of 120. The cake didn’t turn out well; the upper part was custardy. Any advice??

• Nic (KHKL)
    January 23, 2008 - 5:46 pm | Permalink

i had a taste of your macaroon last saturday…i must say it’s definitely one of the best i’ve tasted. sweet and light, with a slight crunch! and huge too! thanks, guys :)

all the best in your next class!

• Big Boys Oven
    January 23, 2008 - 6:10 pm | Permalink

bigfish_chin:
    got to congratulation of your new blog format, looks so lovely. Our next macaron class with be on the 24th Fbruary as it was a requested class.

terri:
    email me and if you have gmail account that will be great as we can chat direct! I am sure we can solve the problem! :)

nic:
    Great to hear you like the macarons, was a bit worried that they were not to expectation as there were no feedbacks from the table during the dim dum makan-makan, so I keep quiet! lol!

• daphne
    January 23, 2008 - 6:36 pm | Permalink

Congrats!! U make it look so easy with the photos.

• MeiyeN
    January 23, 2008 - 8:57 pm | Permalink

wow…. nice one but seems to be quite expensive? rm 200 per class.. O_o

• singairishgirl
    January 24, 2008 - 12:06 am | Permalink

Congrats Sunny, oh dear, and planning to do the cheesecakes too. Hope I don’t encounter same problem as terri.

• ai wei
    January 24, 2008 - 4:43 am | Permalink

*claps claps*
    wow, those macaroons are pretty and lovely!

• JOjo
    January 24, 2008 - 6:20 am | Permalink

*SOB* i also want to attend baking & cooking class…But…But…But…
    I’M NOT IN MALAYSIA!!!
    I also want to have a try of your creation. Always look so delicious and palatable.
    *cry* Can deliver to me by airpost??? Lol…
    Great job with your class!Congrats and wish you all the best in the subsequent classes!

• Cookie baker Lynn
    January 24, 2008 - 9:51 am | Permalink

Wow, what fun! I so wish I could have come to the class. I love the macarons piped into heart shapes. Perfect for Valentine’s Day.

• wenching & esiong
    January 24, 2008 - 10:03 am | Permalink

Wow, seems like everyone done a great job in your class! And I’m sure they’ve learned a lot! The macaroons look fantastic, so wanted to try it out!

• Anali
    January 24, 2008 - 10:57 pm | Permalink

Oh everything looks wonderful! Congratulations! I wish you could tour the world and teach all of us! ; )

• mº¿ºsh, brecht & nora
    January 25, 2008 - 5:41 am | Permalink

everything looks so mouth watering and so fancy & colourful, good enough to eat but so sayang to destroy all that artwork! Good job boys! Well done!

• Dhanggit
    January 25, 2008 - 9:48 am | Permalink

oh gosh this is one hell of a macaron carnival.. a real feast for the eyes..your students are so lucky to have good teachers like you hehehe by the way whats your tip for making a succesful macarons? :-)

• Little Corner of Mine
    January 25, 2008 - 11:43 am | Permalink

Congrats on your success! :)

• Cynthia
    January 25, 2008 - 4:02 pm | Permalink

Sid & Sunny! Congratulations!

• kennymah
    January 25, 2008 - 5:33 pm | Permalink

One can imagine the fun and laughter that went on behind the scenes of the baking class, yes? :)

Thanks for sharing the experience with us, Sid and Sunny!

• Zen Chef
    January 25, 2008 - 10:43 pm | Permalink

Sounds great! Love the class.
    I’m flying over for next! haha

• beachlover
    January 25, 2008 - 11:38 pm | Permalink

Congratulation !!.Those macaroon look lovely.

• Anonymous
    January 26, 2008 - 3:46 am | Permalink

Would you interested to exchange link with us at AsiaValley Blog Directory in the Food & Drink category. Thanks

Bryan
    info@asiavalley.com

• ~Christine~Leng
    January 27, 2008 - 1:39 am | Permalink

wow.. what a class :) and the students can get their hands on? that’s great! I thought you said no last time… ;P

• Big Boys Oven
    January 27, 2008 - 4:38 am | Permalink

daphne:
    It is not difficult, really!

meiyen:
    The class is not expensive… it is a high end dessert! lol! In my class you get to know a lot and eat a lot! :)

singairishgirl:
    I hope you got my email. I think the next round should be perfect!

ah wei:
    Thanks babe!

jojo:
    Do let us know when you visit KL!

cookie baker lynn:
    my students keep waiting to pipe heart shape macarons…lol! so we did! It will be love if they were in pink!

wenching & esiong:
    Well come to the potluck this february, sure they will be plenty of macarons!

anali: I wish also that I can tour and teach! lol! Maybe write a baking book one day!

nora:
    Thanks for the compliments!

dhanggit:
    it was feast of macarons! lol! Tips in making macarons: Patients!

little corner of mind:
    Thank you!

cynthia:
    Thank you to you too!

kennymah:
    Well spot on! It was fun and no pressure!

zen chef:
    I will book you on the next baking class. Let me know which private jet you will be arriving! lol!

beachlover:
    You will be tasting thme on the 1st February! lol!

christine leng:
    You joining the second macaron class? lol!

• wmw
    January 27, 2008 - 11:02 am | Permalink

Congrats on the success of your first class! I like the green tea Macaron that I tasted on Saturday. The slight bitterness offset the sweetness overall :o)

• Jackson
    January 27, 2008 - 5:36 pm | Permalink

wow…. looks like it gonna be a greta class…to bad no time n no money for that…

• White On Rice Couple
    January 27, 2008 - 5:43 pm | Permalink

You guys rock! Wish we could attend those classes.

• tigerfish
    January 28, 2008 - 1:28 am | Permalink

When is “Tigerfish’s turn”? 😛

• Tummythoz
    January 30, 2008 - 7:55 am | Permalink

So many variety was churned out at 1 class? Phew. No doubt a great success!

• rokh
    February 2, 2008 - 1:08 am | Permalink

wow the things that everyone churn out was so good! well done to the everyone! 😀

• TBC
    February 5, 2008 - 7:22 pm | Permalink

Your creations are so beautiful! I so badly need some dessert right now!