Dine with me……Chef Steven Cheng Part 1

Two days ago, I invited a few of my young close friends to my restaurant to taste some of my current and new dishes for this coming new year, 2008. They were so excited and so am I. I had prepared eight dishes and I also requested Chef Sunny to prepare the dessert.

Here I would like to introduce the first dish of the day, Double Happiness “Seong Hei Lam Moon”. For this dish, a pair of local lobster had been used. Firstly the uncooked lobster meat is taken out from the shell and sliced and covered with ice cubes.

I had prepared the broth earlier by using old chicken, chinese ham, dried scallop and water. Boiled them for at least 2 hours and add seasoning.

How do we eat them? Easy……isn’t it? Put the lobster meat into a basket spoon and cook them in the boiling broth. Reminder, do not cooked them too long, just a few seconds will do, then scooped them out to your plate and start enjoying them.

This lobster meat is tender, succulent, delicious and yummy. The soup is also gorgeous and full of flavour.

This dish cost about RM13/100gm but need to have an advance order as it is seasonal.

Yours Chef Steven

• lingzie
    December 15, 2007 - 10:04 am | Permalink

that is one yummy looking lobster… have not tried lobster cooked in this manner! *mouth watering* :)

• beachlover
    December 15, 2007 - 4:08 pm | Permalink

my favourite seafood,LOBSTER!!..what a powerful soup base…oooohh…love it

• Sweet Jasmine
    December 16, 2007 - 1:27 am | Permalink

just like steamboat method…the lobster’s flesh must be tender and sweet cooked this way..

• Tummythoz
    December 16, 2007 - 9:34 pm | Permalink

*swoon*. Am sure I’ll be lying on the floor more than sitting as your description of the dinner progress. *spread out thick mattress*

• bigfish_chin
    December 17, 2007 - 4:20 am | Permalink

Wow! Great Food… I have read your blogsss! We have the same interest… Cooking!

I’m a new blogger here! Just started to learn with Blogging~

This is my blog :) ~

• Little Corner of Mine
    December 17, 2007 - 11:12 am | Permalink

Look at those huge lobsters! Mmm…can imagine how sweet the lobster is cooked with the soup.

• ai wei
    December 22, 2007 - 4:26 pm | Permalink

slurp slurp* i miss the lobster a lot! their meat are really bouncy. wait til i complete my post ^^