A White Winter Wedding Cake

I alway dream of a white christmas as I find it so exciting. This is the time where I get most of my energy from but in Malaysia we don’t get snow, rite. I guess I have to chill myself in a chill room … rite?…..why not? Have anyone ever chilled themselves in a chill room and enjoy their time? You may say “NO, lar” or “Boy, you must be joking!” but truely I came to know we do. There is this place truely interesting which is the Ice Bar at the Sanctuary, The Curve where folks stay in this chill room to enjoy their drinks.

Back to my post for this week, a few days ago I dream of a white wedding cake. In this dream, I saw a lot of lovely white cala lilies running wild on the this three tiers white fondant cake. These white cala lilies were growing out from this cake and were approaching me wanting to talk to me…..so lovely and gorgeous. From this dream I decided to create a white winter wedding cake with lots of white cala lilies running wild.

I hope you will enjoy this new fondant cake design. By the way why not donate some raffle tickets to the Menu for Hope, if you are the winner, you can spend some time on cake decorating with myself personally. We will defintely have a great laugh together.

Love Sunny Yaw

• beachlover
    December 11, 2007 - 9:35 pm | Permalink

wow! another spectacular and elegant wedding cake!!..”clap,clap*..btw,I realise why everyone code is different in Menu in Hope.It’s the code to trace back to you??.I don’t care for the prize,but to make sure I do the right thing..You know la,I’m hate to read term and guideline,just whacked only..I salute 3 of you for your effort to participate for Menu in Hope for hungry children in the world!!.Personally,I think to give donation $10 or $20 for good cause is not really a problem.Well,$10 or $20 is not much but if everyone can just give $10,then it would be ample!!..hehehe!!

• Big Boys Oven
    December 11, 2007 - 10:36 pm | Permalink

beachlover:
    every prize donor is giving a prize code that wil trace back to the donor. When we saw this idea of donating, the first thing that came to our head, why not have someone at our studio and kitchen, that will be good laugh and something to remember.
    we also planning to visit singairishgirl and also eats meets west kitchen…. that will be another get together that we are looking forward too!

• tigerfish
    December 12, 2007 - 1:23 am | Permalink

Wow…..it’s really winter! The cake is covered in snow. Fabulous!

• Wennnn
    December 12, 2007 - 5:38 am | Permalink

Waaaa the cake is definitely a nice one.. Sad tat U’re tat far away.. My wedding just over wish I cud hv sumthin lidat!!

• Dhanggit
    December 12, 2007 - 7:39 am | Permalink

i tell you guys…you are all magician..with this cake you just made it snow in malaysia..very impressive as usual…

• Little Corner of Mine
    December 12, 2007 - 11:59 am | Permalink

Oh WOW, what can I say? You even dream about cake in your dreams and got idea from it. Really something…and the cake turned out just beautiful.

Wow, really planning a trip to visit singarishgirl and EMWK huh? I so wanna read about it and see pictures! :)

• Veron
    December 12, 2007 - 3:06 pm | Permalink

Woohoo …what a work of art!

• singairishgirl
    December 12, 2007 - 4:19 pm | Permalink

Oh wow, this is really gorgeous!

Hey guys, I think Jan is a good idea, but best to catch V before she goes back third week of Jan. We will arrange. However anything before the 13th is not advisable, I have two parties to plan for. 😉 Thanks for your understanding.

• Sweetiepie
    December 12, 2007 - 5:01 pm | Permalink

I like this wedding cake.The cala lilies curve is so perfect and the look of this cake is very elegant.I hope I could join you the personal decorating.:)

• Nic (KHKL)
    December 12, 2007 - 5:24 pm | Permalink

very interesting and imaginative cake! it somehow reminds me of the chronicles of narnia…hmmm… :)

• daphne
    December 12, 2007 - 6:16 pm | Permalink

such a beautiful cake!!!! and those are excellent prizes for Menu in Hope as well!! spending time with singairishgirl and emwk? MAN! NOW i wish i’m back in SG!

• Lyrical Lemongrass
    December 12, 2007 - 6:24 pm | Permalink

That’s a gorgeous cake! So pure and magical!

• Sue Sue
    December 12, 2007 - 7:10 pm | Permalink

One word from me…. FABULOUS cake.

• East Meets West Kitchen
    December 12, 2007 - 7:21 pm | Permalink

I love your gorgeous white wedding cake, and you are awesome!
    Am so happy that I might actually get to meet you in Jan? Whoohoooo!

• MeiyeN
    December 12, 2007 - 10:11 pm | Permalink

you guys are so creative! i am sure that your prize gonna be a “hit” one! will check out da site soon… :)

• Wiz
    December 13, 2007 - 2:17 am | Permalink

I love this one boys! Just made a calla Lily cake too but nothing beats this one. I need to ask you about stacking the cake, if you don’t mind. Can I write to you?

• ~Christine~Leng
    December 13, 2007 - 3:42 am | Permalink

so perfect! very pure and elegant!!

btw… thanks for those delicious cake yesterday! and that birthday song! now I know what you meant by saying that i could ‘cut so many birthday cakes!’ lol

will keep ordering from you guys!! 😉

• ai wei
    December 13, 2007 - 6:02 am | Permalink

oh wow my! this is so gorgeous!

ur cakes are delicious! simply irresistable i could say. the cheese cake i tried in christine’s house was GrEaT~

• wenching & esiong
    December 13, 2007 - 6:03 am | Permalink

What a beautiful and romantic cake. The cala lilies formed a nice combination with the cake!

• mº¿ºsh, brecht & nora
    December 13, 2007 - 6:35 am | Permalink

if this cake were to audition for the movie Ice Queen, it will definitely get the part! Well done guys! This look absolutely fantastic, very wintery indeed, u hv done it well cos one look at the picture, i hv goosebumps, so u guys definitely did it! bravo well done, i am so impressed ; )

• Oh for the love of food!
    December 13, 2007 - 8:15 am | Permalink

What an exquisite creation – very fitting for a White Wedding indeed!
    Have a lovely and meaningful Christmas, Sunny and Sid!

Carol xoxo
    ps. ‘Have yourself a merry christmas’ is one of my favourite christmas songs, I LOVE it!