Silver Needle Jasmine Tea Ganache

I love Jasmine Silver Tip as it has a deep, intense flavour due to the silver tips being scented no less than six times with jasmine flowers. They are carefully mixed by hand with fresh jasmine flowers. At an exact temperature and humidity the jasmine flowers give off their fragrance while the silver tips are able to absorb the jasmine’s scent. The tea is then dried and the jasmine flowers removed. This process is repeated six times to add a unique depth of flavour to the sweet and mellow silver tips.

The scent of this tea is so intense and so fragant and I decided to infuse this jasmine into chocolat and I end up having Jasmine Chocolat Ganache. I filled this new flavour ganache into a few small beautiful butterfly chinese tea cups bought from Seven Teahouse at Dataran Sunway, Kota Damansara.

Jasmine Chocolat Ganache

200gm Dark Chocolat
100ml Milk
100ml Cream
15gm Softened Butter
20gm Jasmine Silver Needle Tea Leaves(for intense flavour add more)

Infused the tea leaves in the milk and cream for 12 hours in the fridge.
Melt the chocolat and add the infused jasmine tea milk.
Whisk the mixture.
Add soft butter and whisk.
Once ganache is ready, pipe into the tea cups.
Garnished with jasmine tea leaves.

Such an elegant dessert, simplicity is the word. Looks so classy and yet so fragant. This is something that you can make for a special dinner occasion and even for your love one. Can even be prepared much ahead of time, something that you must try yourself.

Love Sunny Yaw

• beachlover
    November 5, 2007 - 1:35 am | Permalink

Wah!!..never know Jasmine tea also can make Ganache!!.It’s really an eyes opening for me!*clap calp clap**classy and elegant!!

• tigerfish
    November 5, 2007 - 1:52 am | Permalink

At first quick glance, I thought I saw ikan billis in the first pic! :O
    Very delicate presentation :)

• teckiee
    November 5, 2007 - 1:59 am | Permalink

ohhh i thought it was ikan billis too

• East Meets West Kitchen
    November 5, 2007 - 2:31 am | Permalink

It’s beautiful set in that delicate tea cup!

• Little Corner of Mine
    November 5, 2007 - 8:13 am | Permalink

Hahaha…I thought it was ikan bilis too!! LOL! Just lovely and I fancy your teacups!

YOU ALSO GOT TAGGED! :)

• ai wei
    November 5, 2007 - 8:41 am | Permalink

wat a new combination! is there any other thing for substitution of jasmine tea?

• Nora B.
    November 5, 2007 - 1:32 pm | Permalink

Hi Sunny, thanks for the info. on jasmine silver needle tea – I’ve not tried it before and the aroma sounds heavenly. It’s a wonderful creation. And I love the tea cups!

• Oh for the love of food!
    November 5, 2007 - 3:27 pm | Permalink

What an elegant creation this is, Sunny ! I have not tried Silver Needle Jasmin Tea but I’ve got a feeling it would be very fragrant.

• Nic (KHKL)
    November 5, 2007 - 6:03 pm | Permalink

that’s very creative..milk, tea, choco…get a copyright first before other bakeries copy it! :) and love how the tea leaf was arranged on the ganache…classy!

• meatball online
    November 5, 2007 - 6:35 pm | Permalink

i also thought it’s ikan bilis.. impressive!

• Lyrical Lemongrass
    November 5, 2007 - 8:10 pm | Permalink

that’s really lovely! like the others, i oso thot it was ikan bilis. LOL.

• Precious Pea
    November 5, 2007 - 10:16 pm | Permalink

I like the way it was presented on nice tiny chinese teacup.

• MeiyeN
    November 5, 2007 - 11:16 pm | Permalink

omg………. my saliva is dripping….!!! i want a cup please…. please!!

• Truffle
    November 6, 2007 - 5:13 am | Permalink

What a striking dessert. Truly elegant and I bet it tastes spectacular!

• KampungboyCitygal
    November 6, 2007 - 8:23 pm | Permalink

looks so good!! those tea cups are lovely too

• Anali
    November 6, 2007 - 10:30 pm | Permalink

Wow! WOW!!!!! I so want to eat that!

• wenching & esiong
    November 7, 2007 - 1:22 am | Permalink

Wow, seems like something new to me. Didn’t know that this combination could work well! Good job!

• Big Boys Oven
    November 7, 2007 - 1:57 am | Permalink

beachlover:
    I read a lot of recipes and decided to use those jasmine tips I boughht from Beijing and decided to infused into chocolat. Usually you can fruits puree being indused into chocolat.

tigerfish:
    I know you are thinking about the sambal ikan bilis. As you love cooking, not surprised that you thought it was ikan bilis.

teckiee:
    wah… I now so pai sey oledi! lol!

east meet west kitchen:
    true, very true!

little corner of mine:
    You too like the tea cup…. there is another one bigger which I had already planned for the up coming post, there are so lovely.

ai wei:
    yes, you can substitute with lavender, rose petals, and many many more.

nora b:
    try some jasmine tea when u get to any chinese restaurant. yes the tea cups are gorgeous.

oh for the love of food:
    Go and try lar! they are gorgeous and good for health too.

nic(khkl):
    I am not worry if anyone copy this recipe, putting here is to share… i always believe everyone’s creation is always taste different, none is the same! :)

meatball online;
    Hmmm… where is the head? cannot see!….lol!

lyrical lemongrass:
    thank you. Ikan bilis…where got?…lol

precious pea:
    I gotto find a very small spoon to go with this small cup…..it was a nightmare! lol!

meiyen:
    No problem! next time I do a fine dining I will invite you, ok! I promise! but make sure someone will cover thie event! lol!

truffle:
    it taste very delicious, until liking not only fingers but also the spoon and cup!…lol!

kampungboycitygal:
    heheh I know you would like to have one….soon real soon….

anali:
    can….your next destination holiday should be Kuala Lumpur!

wenching & esiong:
    Thanks, we alway create new things rather recreating all the time, got bored.

• daphne
    November 7, 2007 - 9:18 pm | Permalink

what a creative way to make ganache!

• kai yi
    November 9, 2007 - 3:13 am | Permalink

Hi Sunny “Si Fu”, its me….
    This Silver Needle Jasmine Tea Ganache looks so delicious, Must have a try on this…… My favorite Jasmine & Chocolate!!!!!!!

• Beau Lotus
    November 9, 2007 - 9:50 am | Permalink

I wish I could get jasmine petals or needles like that, I just love jasmine! So that’s a great idea, smart boy!!!
    But hee hee, me too I thought it was ikan billis at first and brain started working overnight trying to imagine it with chocolate…Thank God I decided to read on anyway LOL