Fraise & Framboise Chocolat Ganache Tartlets

It had been already some time that I wanted to make this lovely Fraise & Framboise Chocolat Ganache Tartlets. This tartlets are delicious and the ganache is full of flavour. It is so exciting when coming to have your the first bit, the tart shell is crunchy, the ganache melts in your mouth, the full flavoured and the taste of fraise and framboise too. By the way, fraise is strawberry and framboise is raspberry.

The recipe that I used this time is adapted from “The Dessert Book by Chef Hidemi Sugino”….. oh got to tell you, he is one of my celebrity chef that I idol so much, his work is so incredible.

The tart shell as usual can be prepared well a head of time. You can also keep if you make extra of this tarlet shells. When you need to serve, you just need to have some fresh local strawberries (I usually have then around as they are less expensive, about RM4(USD1.10) a packet) or imported fresh raspberry (I usually skip having them around, not because they are naughty but because they are expensive, about RM20(USD5.20) a small packet)and some fresh ganache ready.

Sweet Tart Dough(Pate Sucree)
Makes 350g

90g unsalted butter, thinly sliced
60g confectioners’ sugar
30g whole egg
20g almond flour
150g all-purpose flour, plus more for work surface

1. Combine butter and sugar in food processor, and process for 4 to 5 seconds
2. Gradually add egg, almond flour and all-purpose flour, processing 4 to 5 seconds after each addition.
3. Scarping down mizture between additions. Total processing time may be 12 to 15 seconds, or until dough just holds together. Do not over-mix.
4. Place into airtight plastic bag and flatten with a rolling pin. Refridgerate for 2 to 3 hours.
5. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough into 2.5 to 3mm thick. Prick all over with a fork. Place dough onto a tart pan loosely, the floured surface up, and press dough into pan.
6. Trim dough, by rolling a pin on dough. Press sides and bottom tightly onto pan. Cut away any exess dough with a knife.
To make tartlets, cut dough one size larger than the pans after rolling out. Then trim the overhanging dough with a knife after pressing into pans. If you don’t use all the dough, freeze the rest.

Fraise & Framboise Chocolat Ganache
(I had altered some of the ingredient to suit the taste and liking.)

80g frozen framboise(rasberry) puree
10ml framboise Monin syrup
10ml fraise Monin syrup
70ml heavy cream(whipping cream)
150gm dark chocolat (bittersweet)
30gm soft unsalted butter

1. Bake tart case: Roll out dough and place into baking pans; prick bottom of dough all over with a fork, bake in a 170C over the oven for 10 to 12 minutes; let cool.
2. Make ganache: Heat the puree until just starting to melt, remove from heat. Add syrups; set aside until completely melted by remaining heat. Return to heat, add heavy cream and bring to boil.
3. In a large bowl, place chocolat, add hot puree-cream mixture, whisking little by little, drawing small circles until emulsify completely. Add butter in small pieces, mix well until shiny.
4. Pour ganache into tart cases and spread evenly. Garnish with fresh fraise or framboise.(can serve with vanilla ice cream)

Something simple and yet will trigger the wildest taste of your guests. For sure you will be a great host of the day……

Love Sunny Yaw

• Lyrical Lemongrass
    November 21, 2007 - 3:11 am | Permalink

Chocolates and strawberries….perfect combination!

• wenching & esiong
    November 21, 2007 - 5:13 am | Permalink

Wow, nice desserts again! Feel like trying it out!

• Yeap
    November 21, 2007 - 5:31 am | Permalink

*swoon* strawberry….aih…simple yet sedap…

erm…there is something i wanna ask…I was watching TV2 (airing some HK drama about cakes and the baking field)…izzit possible to bake a 5 level strawberry mouse cake where every level is edible?

• Big Boys Oven
    November 21, 2007 - 5:36 am | Permalink

lyrical lemongrass:
    The perfect couple…lol!

wenching & esiong:
    Hahahah easy to make, get wenching to do it and esiong to deco…lol!

yeap:
    Yes it is possible to do 5 level strawberry mousse cake edible.

• ai wei
    November 21, 2007 - 7:42 am | Permalink

wow! they are so nice. i can feel the crunchy tartlets and ganache melt in my mouth while reading this. feel like trying out!

• Little Corner of Mine
    November 21, 2007 - 10:43 am | Permalink

Another masterpiece! Simply gorgeous!

• Nic (KHKL)
    November 21, 2007 - 5:52 pm | Permalink

the ganache is very interesting…chocolate with fruity taste of strawberries and raspberries…très délicieux!

• daphne
    November 21, 2007 - 7:14 pm | Permalink

that looks like a fantastic item to serve for dinner parties!

• beachlover
    November 22, 2007 - 1:18 am | Permalink

lovely and yummy!!..I think I can follow this recipe but I see the egg is 90 gm.How many eggs is 90gm.Mostly here just said how many egg,sorry for my question,just learning baking ma..hehehe!!

• MeiyeN
    November 22, 2007 - 1:55 am | Permalink

i don’t think this’s simple… it’s special! 😀

• boo_licious
    November 22, 2007 - 8:09 am | Permalink

Cool! Does the addition of the Monin syrup help make it more flavourful vs the recommended corn syrup? What is the significance of not doubling the butter since this seems to be a double quantity recipe.

• Big Boys Oven
    November 22, 2007 - 10:07 am | Permalink

ai wei:
    can can just drop by at our studio. lol!

little corner of mine:
    thanks you as always!

nic:
    lovely ganache!

daphne:
    very true, simple and elegant!

beachlover:
    break one egg and then weight them!

meiyen:
    this one no need skill, so it is easy to make.

boo_licious:
    I find monin syrup is very flavourful also has a great smell and you are spot on. The sweetness of both syrup are nearly the same to me(both can be very sweet). Therefore when I use syrups, I usually cut down the sugar content in any recipes especially ice cream. You are right that I did not double the butter, reason is very simple, I did not want the ganache taste too buttery, the other reason of adding butter into ganache is to give a shinning look to the ganache, so need not have to add too much butter.

• Nora B.
    November 22, 2007 - 2:14 pm | Permalink

That’s so pretty and delicate. I am imagine the taste! The next time I return to Singapore (end of the year), I am bringing home all my mini tart pans and other baking gadgets.

• I Cook4Fun
    November 22, 2007 - 6:16 pm | Permalink

Strawberries and Chocolate… both my fav :) Lovely tartlets BBO.

• "Joe" who is constantly craving
    November 22, 2007 - 9:19 pm | Permalink

yum..shud dip the strawberries in chocolate as well for a double combo..keke..

n yes..raspberries are at an extortion level kind of price

• singairishgirl
    November 26, 2007 - 5:03 pm | Permalink

Wow, lovely dessert and the ganache does sound really delicious.

• singairishgirl