Chocolat Mousse

Last previous post was a strawberry moussecake and today I decided to post a simple not difficult and straight forward chocolat mousse for individual portion. My little niece love this chocolat mousse so much that she always look forward for one for herself to endulge so sinfully! She always looks forward to see me as I alway have surprises for her.

Chocolat Mousse
Whipping cream 280gm
Melted dark chocolat 100gm
Hazelnut syrup(Monin) 15ml
Egg white 50gm
Granulated sugar 35gm
Gelatin leaf 3envelopes
Inner layer
Sponge cake

Make the chocolat mousse, whisk egg white until foamy. Then, add in granulated sugar gradually and whisk until soft peak form.
Whisk whipping cream and gradually add in hazelnut syrup until soft peak form.
Melt the dark chocolat and pour it in the whipping cream and fold well witha rubber spatula.
Fold meringue into chocolat mixture and gently fold well.
Pour in metled gelatin into the chocolat mixture and gently fold.
Pour a half layer of the chocolat mousse into the round plastic ring and refrigerate for 1 1/2 hours.
Inner layer, place a piece of spoge cake.
Pipe in another layer of chocolat mousse.
Then placee in freezer for an hour.
Finish the surface with melted chocolate.

Since my little niece loves them so much, I am sure you too. Try my recipe and let me know how your creation turns out to be, a sure winner.

Yours Sunny Yaw

• Cutie
    October 28, 2007 - 2:05 am | Permalink

Wow, looks gorgeous. I seriously want to learn how to make all these lovely cakes from you. Faster open your shop and I work for you. hehe… =)

• Oh for the love of food!
    October 28, 2007 - 5:48 am | Permalink

Hey Sunny, your chocolate mousse looks fantastic! Your niece is so lucky to be able to enjoy your treats. I was just looking at your marzipan figurines, they are so adorable! You sure have a gift!

• singairishgirl
    October 28, 2007 - 6:57 am | Permalink

You did that?? OMG!! They are gorgeous! I bet my little one and hubby will love them too but definitely mine won’t turn out so prefessional. Hahaha.

• Anali
    October 28, 2007 - 9:05 am | Permalink

Your niece is adorable! She has quite a mature palatte to enjoy this mousse. It looks like a real grown-up dessert to me! Yum!

• beachlover
    October 28, 2007 - 6:32 pm | Permalink

Sunny
    your niece is soooo cute:).Anyway,how to measure with gm since I use cup measurement.Sorry for my question,let said if 1/4 cup will be gm?.I like this mousse recipe,think I can managed.hahaha!!just think!!*now scratching my head*

• tigerfish
    October 28, 2007 - 7:06 pm | Permalink

Loveeee chocolate…and will not resist this mousse too! :)

• ~Christine~Leng
    October 28, 2007 - 10:15 pm | Permalink

lucky lar~~ your niece! Chocolate mousse is beautiful and tempting! If wanna order from you guys… need to collect from damansara?

• East Meets West Kitchen
    October 28, 2007 - 10:34 pm | Permalink

Your niece is precious! And that mousse is perfect! :)

• wmw
    October 29, 2007 - 2:10 am | Permalink

How nice…your niece has an uncle like you! :O)

• ai wei
    October 29, 2007 - 8:59 am | Permalink

oh my! they are too beautiful to be eaten.

same Qs with christine. if made order with u guys, need to collect from damansara?

• daphne
    October 30, 2007 - 9:01 pm | Permalink

nice! that looks fantastic.. I envy your niece now..