Illy’s Espresso Macaroons

I was at the beverage exhibition at KLCC Convention Centre recently and had a chance to taste a variety of illy coffee….. I am really into coffee as I enjoy the aroma and taste but I always feel that a cuppa a coffee must be accompanied with something, if not, it will be very boring and lonely…..lol…I am sure you will agree with me,…. am I right?

A piece of big chewy cookies is something I always dream off to accompany my coffee but not many places will store them except my own cookie jar……lol! I also notice that huge coffee places like starbucks or coffeebean do not provide any cookie when you order an expensive cup of coffee. I guess it is time they should. On the other hand, whenever I have my coffee at the 5* hotel in Kuala Lumpur I get to have a cookie, bravo.

Anyway…. I really adore illy coffee, and I am sure you know why and can be found at some many eateries in Kuala Lumpur. So I decided to use illy espresso coffee and add them into my macaroons. Oh! they are so lovely……as they can divorce their cuppa of coffee……funny? I had them with white chocolate ganache so that the aroma of the espresso will explodes in your mouth when you eat it.

Espresso macaroons are available for sale, please get in touch with us.

Love Sunny Yaw

• Precious Pea
    September 18, 2007 - 10:56 pm | Permalink

Beware! Cos I wanna steal your cookies in your cookie jar!!!

• Big Boys Oven
    September 18, 2007 - 11:03 pm | Permalink

lol…. no you can’t….lol ….. I always hide it. it’s my treasured jar, no, no, no, you can’t.

• Anh
    September 18, 2007 - 11:56 pm | Permalink

I saw that Illy Coffee Jar almost everyday! 😀 😉 I really like the idea of espresso mac since I am a coffee addict. How I wish I could order some from you!

• chenboon
    September 19, 2007 - 12:02 am | Permalink

wo wo, what a creative matching…
    hope i will have chance to try it soon…
    it is available in ur shop now?

• WokandSpoon
    September 19, 2007 - 12:40 am | Permalink

Those macaroons look lovely! I want to steal some too!

• Big Boys Oven
    September 19, 2007 - 1:22 am | Permalink

anh:
    so where is your location? maybe your wish may come true…. Santa is just at the corner…..

chenboon:
    email us your contact at sbkan34@hotmail.com and we will get back to you. Ole cafe do not carry macaroon at the moment, only cakes.

wokandspoon:
    no, no no you cannot steal mine… as they are mine….lol… what a laugh.

• wmw
    September 19, 2007 - 1:24 am | Permalink

Does it mean that it less sweet than the other flavours?

• daphne
    September 19, 2007 - 2:07 am | Permalink

that’s a fantastic match. I think the white choc will go really well with the bitter sweet coffee taste. YUM!!!

• ai wei
    September 19, 2007 - 2:11 am | Permalink

wah! i wan ur macaroon!!! nvm, u can have ur cookie jar back but i wan the cookies in it! 😛

• ~Christine~Leng
    September 19, 2007 - 2:49 am | Permalink

i’ve not had any macaroons before :( can i at least grab a bite? hehe…
    how do you charge for these delicious looking macaroons?

• Kelly Mahoney
    September 19, 2007 - 7:54 am | Permalink

These look adorable, and I love coffee.

• Little Corner of Mine
    September 19, 2007 - 10:00 pm | Permalink

Coffee and chocolate, a match in heaven! I definitely need to try Macaroons when I back in M’sia so that I know how it tasted like. Yours look heavenly!

• Oh for the love of food!
    September 19, 2007 - 10:22 pm | Permalink

Those are some gorgeous macarons guys! I must come to see you soon for some sampling. That was such a warm comment you left on my blog, Thank you so much.

• veron
    September 20, 2007 - 9:00 am | Permalink

You really need to spill the secret on macarons – but i understand – its a trade secret – :). These are lovely, my hubby will be all over this. he loves anything that says espresso!

• tigerfish
    September 20, 2007 - 10:09 am | Permalink

I was sipping my morning black coffee while I was reading your post. Did not have cookies or macaroons, but at least I was reading your blog…so I guess not lonely…LOL!

• Precious Pea
    September 20, 2007 - 5:35 pm | Permalink

I only want cookies, so you can have your treasured jar back. But make sure you refill it from time to time. 😉

• Jackson
    September 20, 2007 - 5:55 pm | Permalink

illy, the world best coffee! When can we try the world best Macaroons?

• Big Boys Oven
    September 20, 2007 - 7:30 pm | Permalink

wmw:
    Coffee macaroons taste better less sweet and full of coffee aroma even better with chocolate ganache.

daphne:
    so does dark chocolat ganache

ai wei:
    can …can…. you can also have me…lol!!!

christine leng:
    can of course can. A standard box of our macaroons is RM50. Numbers of macaroons, depends on size can be between 15 to 24.

• Big Boys Oven
    September 20, 2007 - 7:33 pm | Permalink

kelly mahoney:
    There are truely lovely.

little corner of mine:
    Do come an sample our macaroons when you are in kuala lumpur

oh for the love of food:
    You will be in kuala lumpur soon, so do drop by, we will sample together.

veron:
    oh!….it is still a secret….lol

• Big Boys Oven
    September 20, 2007 - 7:36 pm | Permalink

tigerfish:
    great to know that my macaroons are making you not to be lonely….lol

precious pea:
    you can never see my cookie jar empty, always refilled….lol

jackson:
    OMG! you are so greedy…. just recently you had so many macaroons at our potluck, and now you want some more….(just jokingly) …..lol!

• Anali
    September 20, 2007 - 8:07 pm | Permalink

Oh those are beautiful! And I think I’ve seen illy coffee in the store before, but I’ve never tried it. Maybe I should get some.

• culinaryprincess
    September 23, 2007 - 7:51 am | Permalink

Wow!!! Your macaroons look soo yummy! Are macaroons the “in” thing now in Malaysia and Singapore? i see them being advertised in a lot of blogs these days!