Black & White Cupcake (Part 1)

It had been a great weekend…. and as usual busy, but still manage to have time to meet up with friends and have lunch on Sunday. Busy with? really?… well baking for most, visiting new malls such as Pavilion and the Gardens, dinner with Steven Cheng, our new on board and regular food churner at Big Boys Kitchen, nothing else to talk but just talk about food over dinner… sounds bored but it was really a journey about food, creation and taste, it was something no one would like to share… especially their secrets. I did check on other bloggers update post and also not forgetting, updating my post.

Got to say, last week was such a happening days, for most we would like to thank Little Corner of Mine for awarding us the Creative Blogger Award. Thank you very much and will soon be awarding to some other great bloggers out there in the cyberworld.

Secondly, me and Sid had our 30 second fame on telly 6pm today. Steven Cheng was interviewed and his dish “mini monk jump over the wall” was featured on 8TV’s “Ho Chiak” food program. We were also interview about the dish…… and sid was having a joyly time… not forgetting me too.

On this post, I am posting my latest collection of cupcakes and I call them black & white cupcakes. Here I baked caramel banana cupcakes and decorated them with dark chocolat ganache and white butter cream and finished them off with chocolat at the centre. There are two sizes and with different decoration, a medium and a big ones and both of this cupcakes are available at Ole Cafe.

Prefer to keep them simple and maintain their natural beauty and elegant. They look so gorgeous just like my own babies. I also know that you are waiting for my tiramisu, and will be posting them this week. So while waiting make sure you have mascarpone cheese, sponge cake and a good espresso waiting in your fridge.

Love Sunny Yaw

• Nora B.
    September 30, 2007 - 3:41 pm | Permalink

These b&w cupcakes are beauties! I am still a bit shaky with piping. I need more practise.

Yes, I am still waiting for the tiramisu recipe & instructions. :-)

• Kelly Mahoney
    September 30, 2007 - 6:56 pm | Permalink

They all look so cute! What a sophisticated idea.

• Ethan W
    September 30, 2007 - 8:29 pm | Permalink

Those cupcakes look very petite yet stylish. Very nice! 😀

• daphne
    October 1, 2007 - 1:32 am | Permalink

very pretty cupcakes! U are really talented.

• mº¿ºsh, brecht & nora
    October 1, 2007 - 2:02 am | Permalink

i go absolutely mad over cupcakes and those look so inviting, aarrgghh am too far away = ( must be nearer to grab ’em! = ) Hv a good ahead gentlemen! From ADIK Mush heheheh

• Truffle
    October 1, 2007 - 3:40 am | Permalink

Oh wow. These are just outstanding. Very, very impressive!

• ai wei
    October 1, 2007 - 3:43 am | Permalink

Cupcakes Cupcakes Cupcakes! i am crazy over this little goodie. pretty cupcakes they are! please, promise to spare me one! ^^

• Michelle
    October 1, 2007 - 11:27 am | Permalink

classic.. real classic.
    like u said.. keeping them simple.. maintaining the natural beauty..

and i miss that ho chiak’s episode.. awwwww… *sad*

• tigerfish
    October 1, 2007 - 4:10 pm | Permalink

I am enjoying the helicopter view. :)

• teckiee
    October 1, 2007 - 6:32 pm | Permalink

are these the ones you brought for yesterday’s dinner?….wanna cry alreadyyy if you said yes

• mf
    October 1, 2007 - 8:06 pm | Permalink

dear sunny and sidney,
    i want i want..I WANT!! i want cupcakes..where is the tiramisu recipe?? *waiting* =)

• MeiyeN
    October 1, 2007 - 10:03 pm | Permalink

congratS!!!! 😀

• SteamyKitchen
    October 1, 2007 - 11:41 pm | Permalink

i want to see my famous boys on telly too!!!

• Shionge
    October 2, 2007 - 12:04 am | Permalink

Hiya Sunny & Sid, thank you for visiting my blog, truly appreciate it and I must say our cupcakes looked too lovely to be eaten ya.

I can imagine the time and effort in this wonderful creation….since I am new just wanna know if you send them online over at your place.

Here in Spore, many pple are selling on them onlines ya..hey I’ll be back 😀

• ~Christine~Leng
    October 2, 2007 - 1:16 am | Permalink

gosh… so cute and lovely! Still craving for this little heartfelt cupcakes!! not too sweet right?? So tempted to have them! 😉

• KampungboyCitygal
    October 2, 2007 - 2:00 am | Permalink

open for order too? hehehe , maybe can have a change, order 20 cupcakes instead of a 1 kg cake

• babe_kl
    October 2, 2007 - 3:56 am | Permalink

awww they looked so pretty. sharks, i left to attend a wedding reception on sun hence din catch you guys on Ho Chak :(

• Anali
    October 2, 2007 - 7:26 am | Permalink

Sunny & Sid, congratulations on your award and the interview too! Wonderful! And those cupcakes really are works of art – that I want to eat!! ; )

• Little Corner of Mine
    October 2, 2007 - 10:37 am | Permalink

You guys totally deserved the award. :) The design of your cuppies so cute, I’m going to steal it oh. LOL! ;P

• wmw
    October 2, 2007 - 10:40 am | Permalink

I’m glad I got a chance to taste them. It’s nice as it’s not sweet like the usual cupcakes as it’s offset by the banana.

• Jackson
    October 2, 2007 - 5:42 pm | Permalink

haloorr… y im not invited to be broadcast in Ho Jiak ar….. u know…i just miss a chance to be a Chinese Food Series of TV Host… pik piak!!

• Cynthia
    October 2, 2007 - 8:46 pm | Permalink

I’m always in awe of the creations I see here.

• "Joe" who is constantly craving
    October 2, 2007 - 10:45 pm | Permalink

shucks, i moved office, and seriously its way too far for me drop by during lunch..how ar..?? have to see if i can past by during the weekends to try those lovelys.

• Cookie baker Lynn
    October 3, 2007 - 7:10 am | Permalink

Just beautiful! I love the artful decorations. You are so talented!

• Oh for the love of food!
    October 3, 2007 - 8:48 am | Permalink

Stunning cupcakes guys! Oh and congrats on being featured on “Ho Chiak”, put it on youtube so we can all watch you, ok?

• wenching & esiong
    October 4, 2007 - 1:30 pm | Permalink

congratulations for being invited to tv8. the cupcakes look pretty! u really deserve the award for your creativeness! :)

• Big Boys Oven
    October 5, 2007 - 7:15 pm | Permalink

nora b:
    Yes I am sure your hand skill will be fine, just need some practise. I also hope you will enjoy my tiramisu recipe.

kelly mahoney, ethan w, daphne, truffle, michelle, mei yen, babe kl, anali, cynthia, cookie baker lynn, wenching & esiong:
    Thank you.

mush:
    should come nearer la! :)

ai wei:
    can, can get in touch with us :)

tigerfish:
    wah! you got helicopter?

teckiee:
    yes my dear!

mf:
    already posted! lol

Jaden: Can see now, just refer to my next post.

shionge:
    I must make some not nice one, so people will eat them. lol!

christine leng:
    Can get them at ole cafe.

kampungboy citygal:
    Can also, good idea!

wmw:
    I know you like the smaller cup cake. Sorry that I brought so little.

jackson:
    will definitely get you the next time, we were told last minute also.

little corner of mine:
    wait wait no need to steal, I give you some…lol

joe: do have a try!

oh for the love of food:
    can watch at the link on the next post.

• beachlover
    October 6, 2007 - 12:52 am | Permalink

wau la…I love your cupcake design and color..save for me one..I’m so cham..have all the equipment for cake deco but dunno how to use it..must use your recipe.Thanks for sharing:)

• Dwiana P
    October 14, 2007 - 12:11 pm | Permalink

I like your cupcake. I think they looks so simple and elegant!

• eda
    March 15, 2008 - 10:25 pm | Permalink

hello guys..eda here.thanks for deliver the princess cupcakes for me.very beautiful..yummilicious.with the banana slices inside, the cream so tasteful.sure i will order more cakes from u guys..