Les Durian from The King of Fruits

It is the durian season and you can see loads of this king fruit being sold at the supermarket, night market and even along the roadside. Due to such, therefore we decided to venture into this king of fruits and Les Durian was crafted. Les Durian, is a durian moussecake which consists of 2 layers of pure D24 durian mousse with a minimum of whipping cream in order to retain the full texture of the durian and sandwiched with 3 thin layer of sponge cakes.

This moussecake is being decorated with white chocolat and lovely almond macaroons, finished of with a dash oranged snow sugar and a few drops of fresh canberries. Below is a kg durian moussecake ordered through a foodblogger last week for her friend’s dad birthday. Thank you foodblogger.

Below is another 1.5kg durian moussecake ordered last week through a Singapore blogger for her aunt’s birthday.

This is a great lovely moussecake that goes well with a warm cup of illy coffee.

Love Sunny Yaw

• Kelly Mahoney
    August 20, 2007 - 7:56 pm | Permalink

What a beautiful cake!

• "Joe" who is constantly craving
    August 21, 2007 - 8:06 pm | Permalink

do we get to try this tmmw??

• tigerfish
    August 21, 2007 - 8:13 pm | Permalink

Can order from Singapore too?
    Next time when I am back, can I order – but where can I collect? 😛
    Love durian and of course durian mousse cake.

• Big Boys Oven
    August 21, 2007 - 8:59 pm | Permalink

kelly:
    Thank you. Wish we can send a piece to you.

joe:
    Hmmm… I thought we are having dinner only, should I bring something tomorrow? But for sure there will be plenty on this saturday. LOL

tigerfish:
    We had a lot of orders from singapore and mostly came to KL to pick up. Well let us know when you are coming back and we see how we can send them to you in Singapore.

• Paprika
    August 21, 2007 - 11:26 pm | Permalink

This looks like something I want to pick up and eat with my hands! Phwarh! Hadn’t pop by your blog in a while. Gee you guys have been busy! Those macaroons look gorgeous! I used to buy the ones at chef jerome but not anymore after the last two times tasted like fridge.

Now I finally get to try your cakes at ole cafe huh? Thats very close to where I work. Hopefully they will have their chiller fixed soon!

• East Meets West Kitchen
    August 22, 2007 - 12:34 am | Permalink

Beautiful cake, but unfortunately I don’t know how to appreciate les durian…

• Big Boys Oven
    August 22, 2007 - 1:17 am | Permalink

paprika:
    hahahhaah don’t lar, please use a fork or spoon. LOL
    The macaroons really taste good especially fresh from the oven or the same day, don’t think they are good after few days.

east meet west kitchen:
    Shud try some durian…. maybe you will like it! LOL

• KampungboyCitygal
    August 22, 2007 - 1:23 am | Permalink

LOL..ur welcome..my fren’s dad loves it so much

• Veron
    August 22, 2007 - 5:57 am | Permalink

Goodness what a lovely mousse cake. Never ate durian before but have heard of its legendary aroma …he he

• Cynthia
    August 22, 2007 - 11:09 am | Permalink

We never get les durian here… the cake, oh my, makes one want to blush with its decadence :)

• MeiyeN
    August 22, 2007 - 6:40 pm | Permalink

boy oh boy….looks sinfully delicious!

• Anali
    August 23, 2007 - 8:17 am | Permalink

That looks so good! I’ve never heard of Les Durian before. I love the layers of cream!

• Big Boys Oven
    August 23, 2007 - 10:36 pm | Permalink

kampungboycitygal:
    great to know that they like it

veron:
    if you manage to find durians, do give them a try.

cynthia:
    We got many bakers here in KL who can bake lovely durian cakes. Do try them if you get the chance. lol

meiyin:
    Durians are lovely. lol

anali:
    Do try them. lol

• daphne
    August 23, 2007 - 10:59 pm | Permalink

oh..the king of fruits.. how i miss durians! looks like an excellent combination! Man, i wish i can fly to MY or SG now!

• Jackson
    August 24, 2007 - 7:44 pm | Permalink

i wan it tonight!! can?

• Truffle
    August 24, 2007 - 8:37 pm | Permalink

Just stunning! I confess to having never tried durian but I think it really is time I get around to it.

• Big Boys Oven
    August 25, 2007 - 12:42 am | Permalink

daphne:
    we wish we can send you some to taste. let us know if you are in town.

jackson:
    tonight you will definitely enjoy what you gonna get… les durian, chocholate mousse, tiramisu and a range of macaroons specially prepared by us. There will be aromatic duck and also green curry chicken….lol.

truffle:
    Do try them…. if you like them, you will fall in love with them on the spot…. if you don’t like them, you will run away….. lol.

• WokandSpoon
    August 25, 2007 - 12:58 am | Permalink

OMG! Durian mousse! I’m in heaven!

• Big Boys Oven
    August 26, 2007 - 8:01 pm | Permalink

wokandspoon:
    lol…… definitely in heaven.

• oanh
    August 19, 2009 - 8:26 am | Permalink

How are you?. I am from melbourne, australia. This cake is my favorite as it has durian.Is it possible to have the recipe for this yummy cake?Please. Thanks heap