Fashion to Icing Cake Designs

It was just another weekend roaming in town where I look for inspiration. I saw this dress which I had captured through my lense at the Art & Craft Centre when I was visiting the Malaysia Tourism Centre along Jalan Ampang, Kuala Lumpur. The colours were so soft, vibrant, elegant and such a unique combination. It was a modern flora batik design and crafted into an elegant evening dress. The colours somehow had embedded deep in my head and it was so strong that I decided to transfer them into my crafted icing cake.

Truely, it is fun to create something so inspiring when you never know what you can stumble upon.

Love, Sunny Yaw

• Tummythoz
    August 13, 2007 - 5:31 am | Permalink

Such detailing. & the colours, so pretty!

• Cutie
    August 13, 2007 - 7:23 am | Permalink

Oh, so pretty…
    Must teach me how to make ok.. hehe…

• KampungboyCitygal
    August 13, 2007 - 7:32 am | Permalink

whoa..such a lovely cake..wonder if i can master it with 10 yr training?

• Kelly Mahoney
    August 13, 2007 - 8:26 am | Permalink

Wow, it’s beautiful! I wish I knew how to do that.

• babe_kl
    August 13, 2007 - 5:50 pm | Permalink

very beautiful indeed! wished i know how to ice cakes haha

• Big Boys Oven
    August 13, 2007 - 7:26 pm | Permalink

tummythoz:
    the colours was transpired by ths batik colours. The colours really gives a good effect to the design.

cutie:
    sure, defintiely can.

kampungboycitygal:
    hmmmm… some can master it in a week or so.

kelly mahoney:
    should try, not a difficult thing.

babe_kl:
    hehehehe… ice, ice baby. I am sure you will pick them up easy, so did I.

• mº¿ºsh, brecht & nora
    August 14, 2007 - 12:11 am | Permalink

greetings from belgium =) thx for visiting our blog! appreciate your visit. Very talented indeed, i am impressed at all that creativity, bravo! Very very pretty indeed = )
    – Mush –

• Truffle
    August 14, 2007 - 2:59 am | Permalink

It’s absolutely beautiful!

• *kel
    August 14, 2007 - 3:50 am | Permalink

hi from amsterdam. thanks for the comment on my blog. this sounds like a humongous feat. awesome work!

• the team
    August 14, 2007 - 5:40 pm | Permalink

great inspiration , so now we look forward to yr nex ‘inside out’
    creation maybe u could call it fasha zone or something like that LOL ( check high 5 bread for more ideas)

• Jackson
    August 14, 2007 - 5:51 pm | Permalink

superb inspiration!! I just wondering what kind of cake u can bake if the inspiration from Sari and Cheong SAm…. make a set of them and theme them as MUHIBBAH cake!! Malaysia BOLEH!

• Big Boys Oven
    August 14, 2007 - 8:41 pm | Permalink

m,brecht,nora:
    Thanks for dropping by too and those compliment, thank you, thank you.

truffle:
    Thank you.

*kel:
    Thank you for you compliment.

the team:
    Hehehe… you never know what I will do next.

jackson:
    Sounds like a very interesting area to look into and to consider.

• Celestine
    August 14, 2007 - 9:58 pm | Permalink

beautiful yummy cake!

hey… i mite b gg up to KL some time soon. can you giv me some tips on where and what to check out

• tigerfish
    August 14, 2007 - 10:41 pm | Permalink

Look at the layerings and pleats you have on the cake…the cake is now ready for the cat-walk. :)

• Oh for the love of food!
    August 15, 2007 - 4:19 pm | Permalink

Wow! you can get inspired like that? Maybe I should be more observant in the future! Your icing skills are impeccable! When I’m in KL next you really have to show me your Kung Fu, okay guys?

• Everything4sweets
    August 15, 2007 - 7:30 pm | Permalink

Very beautiful cake looks like the dress :)

• Cynthia
    August 16, 2007 - 4:42 am | Permalink

Hi Sunny & Sidney, thanks so much for gracing my blog with your presence. It is truly appreciated. I hope that you’ll return to visit whenever you have the time to spare.

In terms of drying the okras in the sun. Since growing up, I would see my mom always slice the okra and place it in the sun so that the absorb could be absored before sauteeing it. It would be in the sun between 1 – 3 hours only only left. That way, it was never slimy. Also, she added the salt towards the end of the dish finish cooking that way, it did not yield any moisture to cause it to get slimy.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

• daphne
    August 16, 2007 - 8:15 pm | Permalink

thanks so much for dropping by my blog. You have to give me more tips on how u survive the journey of completing your thesis!

This cake looks amazing.. i wonder if i ever have the patience to ice a cake like that! =)

• daphne
    August 16, 2007 - 8:50 pm | Permalink

thanks for the tips! Thankfully, i do have a very supportive supervisor and a room full of references. ;p 4-5 months to submission date so hopefully I will get my act together and complete it soon!

• IronEaters
    August 17, 2007 - 4:18 pm | Permalink

wow! the cake look fabulous! wat an inspiration from the batik clothes =) great piece of work!

• Anali
    August 18, 2007 - 11:45 am | Permalink

I just found your blog. I love it! This cake looks so good. I just want to take my finger and get some of that frosting!

• East Meets West Kitchen
    August 18, 2007 - 8:23 pm | Permalink

Wow, what inspiration from dress to cake, and I love the colorful frosting/icing! :)

• Jackson
    August 19, 2007 - 12:20 am | Permalink

so, when can we try? b4 Merdeka celebrations?

• Big Boys Oven
    August 19, 2007 - 7:03 pm | Permalink

celestine:
    Will definitely email you the fantastic places to visit in KL.

tigerfish:
    Would you like to walk togther with us down the runway? 😉

oh for the love of food:
    Defintely…. we love to have you around, do visit us when you are in town.

everything4sweets:
    Thanks! we hope the cakes does. 😉

cynthia:
    Thank you so much…. love you to bits.

daphne:
    Wish you the best but don';t forget us. :)

ironeaters:
    Thank you.

anali:
    Can, can, please try the frosting.

east meets west kitchen:
    Thank you.

jackson:
    What do you like to try? heheheh