Tart Banana

Looking at those banana selling at the stall outside my old apartment had triggered myself to bake this banana tart. It is not that difficult and also easy to source for ingredients. Plenty of fresh banana. What i did, was just mashed the banana and mixed them with beaten egg yolk. Throw them into the tart shell and baked.

Once done, whisked up some egg white and sugar to produce the meringue. Cover the banana mashed with the meringue and shape to your liking. Use the torch blower and burn a bit of the meringue.

Sorry for being too short with this piece as we are busy shifting to our new place. Have a good day!

Love Sunny Yaw

• SteamyKitchen
    July 31, 2007 - 9:42 am | Permalink

I love the torch effect!

• Lyrical Lemongrass
    July 31, 2007 - 5:37 pm | Permalink

You make it seem so simple! (Of course, for me, I’d be crying in the kitchen hehe)

• Oh for the love of food!
    July 31, 2007 - 7:33 pm | Permalink

Hi Sunny & Sid! a banana tart with meringue sounds absolutely delish! I love the way you piped the meringue too!

• tigerfish
    July 31, 2007 - 11:03 pm | Permalink

The swirl is so cool, and it sounds so easy to make. It’s deceiving me to try baking this tart…but I know I’m hearing from professionals, so everything seems like a breeze. :)

• ipohwav3
    July 31, 2007 - 11:09 pm | Permalink

Sounds like a breeze to you!

• WokandSpoon
    August 1, 2007 - 12:33 am | Permalink

Yum! Looks lovely – a little bit like a banoffee pie! (I think that’s what the banana-toffee pies are called! )

• Tummythoz
    August 1, 2007 - 12:38 am | Permalink

Not difficult? Torch d meringue? I do? *radio crackle .. all fire units .. yes all..standing by..*

• wmw
    August 1, 2007 - 3:53 am | Permalink

Hahaha, you definitely breezed through that!

• KampungboyCitygal
    August 1, 2007 - 5:54 pm | Permalink

hahaha..sounds so easy..i wonder how many hours would i take to do that

• Lee Ping
    August 1, 2007 - 9:54 pm | Permalink

Was the meringue piped or was it created by a spatula?

• MeiyeN
    August 2, 2007 - 1:00 am | Permalink

looks really nice.. sounds easy but i doubt so it’s that easy (for me) to make one…..

• Nora B.
    August 2, 2007 - 5:07 pm | Permalink

Beautiful tart! Love the pattern on the meringue. I love bananas but they are expensive now in Sydney ($7.99 per kg!) :-(
    p/s: good luck with the move, it’s so tiring.

• Jackson
    August 2, 2007 - 10:39 pm | Permalink

beautiful!!!!! the way u explain was just like makan kacang… i doubt i can do that..

• Big Boys Oven
    August 4, 2007 - 8:55 am | Permalink

steamykitchen:
    Love your prawn dish. We really had fun with the torch.

lyrical lemongrass:
    No lar, I don’t think you will be crying. Be strong lar. heheheh…

oh for the love of food:
    Thanks, it is not difficult.

tigerfish:
    No lar, it is definitely not impossible and not difficult at all.

ipohwav3:
    It is not a breeze, do try it, is it not that difficult, trust me.

wokandspoon:
    hmmm is it a banoffee pie?

tummythoz:
    Don’t worry, when you do the torch, do let us know. We will get ready with a bucket of water right beside you! :)

wmw:
    well got to apologies, I did really breeze through. Sorry lar.

kampongboycitygal:
    it is easy, we think it will take you only less than an hour to get the whole tart done.

lee ping:
    the effect was done by spatula before torching.

meiyen:
    hmmm I think we should hold a class, if not all of you will not believe me. heheheheh… help help!

nora b:
    Waoh! banana so expensive in sydney, you should import our tarts. the more was heavy but we did it. Now, it is great to have our own apartment.

jackson: trust me you defenitely can do it. we believe in you n the force will always be with you!:)

• "Joe" who is constantly craving
    August 5, 2007 - 5:43 pm | Permalink

how come u make it seems so easy!!?? its as if i can also do it..

• Big Boys Oven
    August 6, 2007 - 12:40 am | Permalink

joe:
    I am very such you can do it, trust me! You have the talent.

• sognatrice
    August 16, 2007 - 2:17 am | Permalink

This looks fabulous; I love anything with bananas :)

I followed you here from your comment at Figs Olives Wine (one of my favorite stops), btw, and now I’ll be having more of a look around :)