Matcha Mousse Cake

It seems like a japanese food preview for most KL bloggers this week ( such meiyin and lyrical lemongrass) and my oven got under attack too. I wish cicak man can come to rescue me. hahaha… that’s funny.

Matcha (Green Tea) Mousse Cake is nothing new these days in KL as you can get it at most cake shops in KL. For my version, I used matcha sponge cake, matcha syrup to moist the sponge cake during assembling, matcha mousse, azuki (red bean) and white chocolate for the deco.

This is yet another very simple cake to make and has a very oriental flavour and taste.

Love Sunny Yaw

• Lyrical Lemongrass
    June 27, 2007 - 6:05 pm | Permalink

If you sell this, I’ll be your first customer. :-) Gorgeous!

• jason
    June 27, 2007 - 10:43 pm | Permalink

Oh my… Ok, I came from Ipoh, so there’s no Matcha cake there! Can I have the first bite, pls?? *eyes shimmering with hope*

• Kelly Mahoney
    June 27, 2007 - 11:01 pm | Permalink

So impressive. And green tea is healthy, so this whole thing is good for you … right?

• tigerfish
    June 27, 2007 - 11:24 pm | Permalink

This is soooo matcha! Would dark chocolate pair well with the matcha flavor? I know the “white” matches the color better, though.

• WokandSpoon
    June 27, 2007 - 11:41 pm | Permalink

This looks fantastic! I love your artistic creations! The fact that it’s edible is a big plus 😉

• boo_licious
    June 28, 2007 - 2:50 am | Permalink

I love matcha. Quick q, which type of matcha powder do I use? Can I buy from Isetan or must it be the one sold at the bake shops? They seem to be pale green vs the bright green ones I see in Japanese cookbooks.

• teckiee
    June 28, 2007 - 3:42 am | Permalink

I must be missing redang too much because the white sugar? choco? looks like glowing corals. Love it love it!

• SteamyKitchen
    June 28, 2007 - 5:34 am | Permalink

I have extra matcha powder….but I’m not as talented in baking as you guys are. Its so !&)@$&!% beautiful!

• Veron
    June 28, 2007 - 6:26 am | Permalink

I’ve always wanted to make something sweet with matcha…first I saw a tart, then an ice cream …now this…
    it’s a sign…:)

• East Meets West Kitchen
    June 28, 2007 - 10:34 am | Permalink

Love your white chocolate deco. It looks AMAZING!!!

• Tummythoz
    June 29, 2007 - 12:09 am | Permalink

D longer I stare at it (since cannot taste), the white choc corals (quoting teckiee) seems to be growing & waving.
    Put a clearer picture & I’ll b swaying along!

• Lee Ping
    June 30, 2007 - 11:24 pm | Permalink

You said, “This is yet another very simple cake to make…”

Sure does not look simple to me. I think it would take me hours to make just the white chocolate garnish and I am not even sure if it will turn out as good as yours.

• Cutie
    July 1, 2007 - 4:02 am | Permalink

So are u planning to sell your cakes. I can’t wait to savour it. Do you also plan to open a class? I will be your first student. hehe…

• Melting Wok
    July 2, 2007 - 12:08 am | Permalink

what do you call this ? looks like a snow flake winter theme cake hehe..so preety !:)

• Big Boys Oven
    July 2, 2007 - 10:29 am | Permalink

lyrical lemongrass: can, I will only sell to you since you ask. :)

jason: yes you can have a bite.

kelly: yes a healthy matcha cake.

tigerfish: I thick chocholate pairs well with matcha epecially matcha opera.

wokandspoon: Thank you of your compliment.

boo_licious: I will be selling matcha powder for baking real soon.

teckiee: Wait more to come, how about matcha swiss roll, will feature here soon.

steamykitchen: I alway know the fact that you are very talented.

veron: more different of matcha related be on the way soon…..

east meet west kitchen: Thanks

tummythoz: Are you swaying now? hahaha

lee ping: have fate with yourself, I definite know you can do it, don’t worry, do try, and try.

cutie: Yes we are planning to sell and also having class real soon. but before that, we are getting the collection ready for aug/sept. we also planning to have a cofee get together(6-7 ppl) on a sunday morning with those who are interested to have a chit-chat over coffee and cakes with chef from bigboysoven.

melting_wok: this one we have yet a name. :)

• wmw
    July 2, 2007 - 12:09 pm | Permalink

Though you say it’s nothing new, it’s a favourite flavour of mine!!!!!