Boxes of Gifts

It had been ages that I had decorated a cake. I would say the last one was around 12years ago when I took up my first job at Sunflower as an apprentice. It was fun as everything was new to me. I was the young and innocent. I do say what I learned is something that money can’t buy. Anyway, I came across this book written by Jane Price, the home guide to cake decorating had really caught my eye. The fondest picture of boxes of gifts on the book cover had flashed down my fondest memory lane.

So without wasting any energy and time, I whisked up some sugarpaste, baked some buttercake and start creating. This centrepiece is surprisingly easy to make. Below is my version of Jane Price’s “Boxes of Gifts”.

I guess I did well after such an absent from cake decorating. I hope you will like it.

With Luv, Sunny Yaw

• wmw
    June 1, 2007 - 6:30 pm | Permalink

The colours are great…would feel painful for me to slice into the cake. Ha ha…

• Tummythoz
    June 1, 2007 - 11:03 pm | Permalink

Hmm.. think I prefer the pastel colours in the 1st pic.

• Lyrical Lemongrass
    June 2, 2007 - 3:35 am | Permalink

omg, that is so pretty! love the concept. Coming back to your comment on my blog, do you operate from home? I guess you can organise a session at your place and invite some of the food bloggers…..drop me an email if you need help. :-)

• Rasa Malaysia
    June 2, 2007 - 1:52 pm | Permalink

Wow, you decorated this yourself. Marvelous!

• jason
    June 2, 2007 - 6:41 pm | Permalink

That’s so sweet!

• Precious Pea
    June 3, 2007 - 5:53 am | Permalink

I agree with wmw, with such beautiful cake, how to slice it?? And I agree with lyrical lemongrass too, I free to sample your cakes anytime. You contact one of us, we are very well-connected 😉

• Michelle
    June 3, 2007 - 7:21 am | Permalink

this is so sweet..
    looks so good..
    taste good as well right??
    =P

• Lee Ping
    June 3, 2007 - 10:18 am | Permalink

Same comment as WMW.

p/s As first glance, I thought that you took gift boxes and started to decorate on the boxes. :) And thanks for dropping by my blog.

• Big Boys Oven
    June 4, 2007 - 11:36 am | Permalink

wmw: hehehehe somehow still have to slice the cake.

tummythoz: well, I will try better the next time.

lyrical lemongrass: At the moment, we are operating from home, still planning if we should move to a smaller place to do R&D. Hehehe definitely not my place. I will definite need your to help. Hopefully once we can get some collection, we will have the tasting, hoping to get coffee and tea sponsor too.

rasa malaysia: I did.

jason: really?

precious pea: will defintely invite you my precious. Help needed!

michelle: Looks good but usually icing cake don’t always taste good to my liking. They just look pretty and yet fragile.

lee ping: sounds like a good idea, why not. Thank you for dropping a line too.

• myCoffee
    June 4, 2007 - 6:10 pm | Permalink

Beautiful cake! Playing with sugarpaste is what I want to learn next…

• Big Boys Oven
    June 6, 2007 - 10:56 pm | Permalink

mycoffee: Let me know your progress ok!